DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

FAA Drone ID Proposal- Round Two

Well if you are determined to convince yourself that it's all a big conspiracy to stop you flying then it's certainly not my job to talk you out of it.
Its not a conspiracy, it is just how business is done in the US.
Its like our goverment passed a law stating that Monsanto could not be prosecuted or held accountable if anything bad comes out of their genetic modifying (GMO) of what we eat. Is that looking out for us little folk or catering to a massive corporation.
Again, not a conspiracy, just fact.

Last edited:
Its like our goverment passed a law stating that Monsanto could not be prosecuted or held accountable if anything bad comes out of their genetic modifying (GMO) of what we eat. Is that looking out for us little folk or catering to a massive corporation.

If you wouldn't mind sharing, I would be interested to see your submission to the FAA when you're finished composing it.

I think you are confusing facts with speculation based on other events.

Reactions: brettbrandon
If you wouldn't mind sharing, I would be interested to see your submission to the FAA when you're finished composing it.
I wasn't planning on it as I will be staying close to the ground with rather small quads that most likely won't be affected.
If they do, by the time they get to where I'm at, I may be too old to fly... They didn't have this kind of cool when I was growing up.

I think you are confusing facts with speculation based on other events.
You are right. That statement is slightly off after deeper research but the outcome is the same. Big corp wins, little folk lose.

Reactions: Rangerider
Is there an app folks can use to find your credentials or exact location.
Alot of what we can do now we have to give up privacy.
Personally, I will not get the "Real ID" in the US.
Real id is not actually a requirement.

That makes alot of sense. Obviously our goverment at work...
The requirement to be able to connect is for the Feds to be able to shut down your drone if they want to.

Right - but the plan is for most equipment to be compliant with Standard Remote ID. I don't think those companies want to be crashing into personal drones that they cannot detect, but there is much more to it than that. This proposal does the opposite of what so many people are crying about - it provides a framework in which you can continue to fly. If the FAA wanted to ban recreational drones from the airspace they would simply do that.
So should we just be thankful that the Feds aren't shutting us down and be happy that we can even fly 400 ft?

The apologists for the FAA/corporations are intent on marginalizing opposition by using the old tactic of calling us 'conspiracy theorists'. It is one of their common tactics.

I have 'theorized' that the so-called 'mystery drone' swarms over Colorado at night are actually a Psy-OP to support/bolster the FAA's NPRM on a new thread. What do you think? This should be a fun thread for all of us 'conspiracy theorists'. See Is the 'Mystery Drone' operation in Colorado really a Psy-OP?

The apologists for the FAA/corporations are intent on marginalizing opposition by using the old tactic of calling us 'conspiracy theorists'. It is one of their common tactics.

Insisting on factual accuracy doesn't make one an apologist of any kind, and your straw man doesn't help your attempt to argue at all.

Reactions: deleted member 877
People who speculate that their lives are going to be ruined by the new regulations that eventuate in a few years time and cannot be convinced otherwise can simply list their drones on eBay and walk away. Those with the "glass half full" attitude will carry on regardless because that's what they do.

Correct. Notice tweedle dum “laughing” at your obviously true statement. That’s the “mocking” aspect of marginalization. Your statement is supposedly so ridiculous that it’s laughable. Tweedle dum seems to be more of the mocking, subversive, every once in a while offer a reasonable opinion so as not to tip the hand type. Weasel archetype. Tweedle dee is the in-your-face, hostile, not-even-hiding-it half of the dynamic duo. He all but admits that he’s here doing his job, namely being the mouthpiece for commercial interests. I would say the FAA, but we all know who/what the real driving force behind these efforts is.

I don’t know if there is such a thing as “recreational drone use haters” forum, but these 2 would be a much more natural fit there. It’s been more than a little surprising to me as a newbie to see an ostensibly drone-hobby-enthusiast forum that is so hostile to its foundational subject matter.
I like the 'dynamic duo' characterization. It fits.

The rules regarding where you can fly are not changing.
Really, I don't see that at all. Being restricted to 400 feet from the controller isn't a change. Being restricted to approved areas isn't a change?

Reactions: dwolfe002
  1. "Standard Remote Identification UAS" rules: Range restricted to 0.25 nautical mile (1,519 ft.) radius. From the law enforcement perspective, this should be OK because the home point is broadcasted, right?

if the home point info is being broadcast, and the LE app getting the info is something like a map showing the UAS and the home point, then 1519 ft still seems like too short a distance, and greatly reduces the operating range of many of the mid-level and up drones. So why let the FAA do so?

I’ve flown out to maybe 2000 ft once or twice because I am still relatively new to this... but I really don’t want an overzealous restriction placed on my future flights.

Thanks, I fully agree with him. He also has alot of great technical vids on the hobby. Everyone should watch this...

brett sounds like you’re into these whoops. You’ve been talking about em for a while now. Never took it seriously. Never thought I’d go there. But, now drones are banned in city parks and desperate times call for desperate measures. We have an RC park not far away boring after a while with Mavic but probably great place to go FPV Whoopdie. Never flown FPV but bet I would like it. Thanks for the inspiration! Which model and accessories do I need?

Real id is not actually a requirement.
Yes, but I can't board an airplane or enter a federal facility without it. I really don't fly anymore and have no desire to enter a federal anything. This just seems like a step closer to "your papers please" while crossing state borders. Of course this would be in the intrest of public safety...

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jtlesn