DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

FAA enacts new enforcement action protocols against drone pilots

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope it only affects the idiots, they deserve it. Flying drones is a privilege and pleasure, and it should be kept that way...

Most of the FAA folks I encountered in my career were nice people just doing their job.

I agree with one of the comments in this article speaking about "Ramp checks", "The only guys who get in trouble will be the ones mouthing off to the Federal Investigators"

These "visits" are going to be a real learning experience for the FSDO inspectors, as most of us have gotten our flight procedures down down following a proven (to us) routine. The inspector most likely has very little experience with drone operations which means these encounters will be excellent opportunities for drone pilots to build a solid relationship with their local FSDO.

Well it’s welcome due to idiots. I’ve had mine now for 2 years and for recreational use only. I’ve registered my drone. If I eventually need a license just to fly recreationally well then I guess that’s what I’ll need. Fly safe everyone and obey the laws. Please don’t be a idiot.

If they (FAA) is serious about bringing drones into the commercial flight arena, they need to get going on beefing up the force needed to combat all the illegal drone activity. I’ve been flying RC aircraft for several years. It used to be just flying at the air park where radio channels were controlled. Now anyone and their mama can grab an RC aircraft and within 30 minutes be up in the air. The stigmatism placed on drones (privacy violations mainly) would be greatly reduced if the FAA actually had the resources to investigate the numerous drone violations. If you’re flying any aircraft in a populated area, you must have some record showing you have passed some a test, showing your profeciemcy in drone operation and emergency procedures. You must have documentation indicating you were made aware of the laws and safety procedures. Liability insurance should be required as well, especially flying in a populated area where an incident could cause damage to property or injuries to others. Until then, no remote flying aircraft should be allowed to fly in a populated area. I didn’t gain my knowledge of flying remote aircraft on YouTube and then just go down to Best Buy and grab a drone to put in the air. We must have accountability in order to establish a safe environment as drone commercial activity grows. Just my thoughts.

If they (FAA) is serious about bringing drones into the commercial flight arena, they need to get going on beefing up the force needed to combat all the illegal drone activity. I’ve been flying RC aircraft for several years. It used to be just flying at the air park where radio channels were controlled. Now anyone and their mama can grab an RC aircraft and within 30 minutes be up in the air. The stigmatism placed on drones (privacy violations mainly) would be greatly reduced if the FAA actually had the resources to investigate the numerous drone violations. If you’re flying any aircraft in a populated area, you must have some record showing you have passed some a test, showing your profeciemcy in drone operation and emergency procedures. You must have documentation indicating you were made aware of the laws and safety procedures. Liability insurance should be required as well, especially flying in a populated area where an incident could cause damage to property or injuries to others. Until then, no remote flying aircraft should be allowed to fly in a populated area. I didn’t gain my knowledge of flying remote aircraft on YouTube and then just go down to Best Buy and grab a drone to put in the air. We must have accountability in order to establish a safe environment as drone commercial activity grows. Just my thoughts.
Everything you mentioned is already mandated...With the exception of liability insurance...Which is not a bad idea, but not everyone can afford it..Not everyone flies DJI, Yuneec intelligent drones, alot fly those drones that sell out of Walmart etc... I think if any drone that would need liability insurance would be those racing drones.!

Reactions: kwilliams6045
No need to go any farther than this website to see actual video (posted) of illegal drone use. Endangering other aircraft and the public. National Airspace is not a playground. As a professional and military pilot, I gladly welcome increased governance and oversight.
I’m not allowed to let my 14 y/o drive on the street without restriction.
I support Section 349 (recreation UAV) new Statute.
Take a look at the video on this site of high speed night flight at extreme altitude above populated areas. Amazingly stupid.

Reactions: Torcan
Coming from a aviation background I welcome it, a little oversight never hurt anyone.
As a pilot I agree. We have the safest ATC in the world because everybody is following basic rules and aircraft/operational specifics. I wouldn't tolerate an unsafe pilot flying anything. A pilot making up his own rules should lose the privilege of piloting anything.

Fair Oversight? Acceptable. Unfair overdone Oversight? Not acceptable. Like 2A issues — Molon Labe??

Your analogy to the Second Amendment is appropriate as we now have well over 20,000 gun laws in the US that primarily affect the law abiding and not the criminal. To deprive law-abiding people of their freedom in an attempt to punish the criminals has never worked or been of benefit to the community in general. Punish the lawbreaker but leave the law-abiding alone. More regulation without enforcement does not benefit anyone. It only tends to frustrate and impede those that might find enjoyment or provide benefits to both themselves and their communities.

If you think government regulations are all powerful and effective without enforcement, ask yourself and the state of New Jersey how many of the "high capacity magazines" (a false definition for "standard capacity") were turned in of the millions in the state? Without enforcement actions, laws are political eyewash.

The above applies to all government agencies no matter the agency, including the FAA

Reactions: W2EJ and mereflyer
Your analogy to the Second Amendment is appropriate as we now have well over 20,000 gun laws in the US that primarily affect the law abiding and not the criminal. To deprive law-abiding people of their freedom in an attempt to punish the criminals has never worked or been of benefit to the community in general. Punish the lawbreaker but leave the law-abiding alone. More regulation without enforcement does not benefit anyone. It only tends to frustrate and impede those that might find enjoyment or provide benefits to both themselves and their communities.

If you think government regulations are all powerful and effective without enforcement, ask yourself and the state of New Jersey how many of the "high capacity magazines" (a false definition for "standard capacity") were turned in of the millions in the state? Without enforcement actions, laws are political eyewash.

The above applies to all government agencies no matter the agency, including the FAA

So laws are only followed by law-abiding people? What a remarkably perceptive observation. I'm curious - what is your favored approach to dissuading unwanted behavior in that case? And when did flying a UAV become a constitutionally-guaranteed right?

It's a new article posted about something from a couple of weeks ago. Here's the ongoing thread about it:

*** Thread Closed ***

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Drsmurph