DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

FAA Registration on second drone

Bytored

Reactions
I just got a Mavic Pro Platinum last week, my first quad copter was a spark.
When I registered my Spark i did it under section 336. Please correct me if i'm wrong but it seems I really only needed to register under section 107 to begin with and then if (I have) I get another drone register that one under section 107 also and both drones would have separate FAA numbers.

So basically becasue I registered my spark under 336 I dont have to register my Mavic PRo but just use same FAA number that was assigned to me upon section 336 registration?

Just a tad confused on this.

Thanks

336 = Hobby/Recreational flights. You get one number that goes on all of your aircraft. The aircraft itself is not registered.
107 = Commercial flights for FAA Part 107 certified individuals. Each aircraft must have a unique number and be registered separately.

If you previously registered 336 and have obtained a 107 cert, then you must re-register under 107 for each aircraft you intend to use under 107.

Reactions: Swanee and Bytored
So basically becasue I registered my spark under 336 I dont have to register my Mavic PRo but just use same FAA number that was assigned to me upon section 336 registration?
That's correct. And this is the best way to go if you're only flying as a hobbyist.

Reactions: Bytored
336 = Hobby/Recreational flights. You get one number that goes on all of your aircraft. The aircraft itself is not registered.
107 = Commercial flights for FAA Part 107 certified individuals. Each aircraft must have a unique number and be registered separately.
If you previously registered 336 and have obtained a 107 cert, then you must re-register under 107 for each aircraft you intend to use under 107.

That's correct. And this is the best way to go if you're only flying as a hobbyist.

Okay, perfect! Then I did interpret it correctly and I am good to go. Thank you both

Reactions: Swanee
If I accidentally registered under 107 and I’m not licensed, and only fly recreationally, put plan to one day fly for $$, am I good to put my 107 reg # on my drone and still just fly for fun?

Reactions: Mako2015
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twistedpair