DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

FAA registration scam?

Well.. you didn't read the fine print I guess..

not affiliated with any US government agency or the FAA.

You basically used a 3rd party provider who (I assume) submitted the registration on your behalf so it should still be valid, you just gave them $20 extra.. and then you did the same thing where you should have started - sUAS Registration.

One thing I would be careful about is transactions on the card you used ..

Another part of the problem is that those scam sites pay to be listed 1st (as ads on Google) and optimize their listings to be shown first.

Take 5 minutes to use a scam site... takes 5 minutes to register on the FAA site.

Reactions: Blades
Go to Google's AdWords feedback - search for "USA Drone Registration" and click the down arrow by their advert.

Their advertising is a lie (they're not a federal drone anything, let alone a federal drone registry - they perform proxy registration, and are not a registry themselves).

An actual Federal body, like the FTC, will have something to say.

Think I've been scammed!
UK Mavic owner travelling to the states, thought I'd register my quad as required.
First site I found and thought correct charged me $25 buck I got a certificate.
Second site charged $5 and got another certificate; however very similar number?
Links are

1 .http://federaldroneregistration.com

2. http://[email protected]

Think I've been done?

Any advice??

Cheers
Number one is legitimate but also a scam. It does indeed register for you but they make a $20 profit doing so.
NUMBER TWO IS A PHISHING WEBSITE. DON'T EVER CLICK THAT LINK. Better yet please remove it from your post.

The real FAA registration costs $5.

I've noticed that there are a lot "agencies" that suddenly spring up supposedly to help you or give you accreditation whenever a new hobby, pastime or even profession requires some sort of certificate. I am a nurse and found in Australia when the Registration board wanted proof of Continuing education that every man and his dog suddenly became experts in training and setting up courses.
It's very much now buyer beware.

Most times you will know if it's a legitimate government site cause the web address will end in .Gov. If ends with.com it isn't a legitament government site. Always go to the legitament government site. The site you used may have offer you a printed label to afix to your drone with the registration number on it. That's what you paid the extra $20 for,
Sorry to say. The world is full of scam artist.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twistedpair