DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

FAA Registration

Gtarman52

Reactions
Do I need a registration number for each drone I have, or can I use the same one ?

If you are flying for hobby / fun one number is good for all. If you have your 107 then you need a number for each aircraft.
i am guessing from your question you do not have a 107 cert or you would most likely had this information.
The way this is going in the USA we all may need a 107 soon but until then enjoy your hobby status.
mikemoose55

Hobbyists should register under Section 336 here. That registration number can be applied to all drones.

Hobbyists should register under Section 336 here. That registration number can be applied to all drones.
The blinding speed of a government entity. 336 was repealed on October 5th but the FAA registration page still refers to it. :p

Reactions: BBerry
That's because FAA has the law, but it specifies policies and procedures that have yet to be developed. Until such time that it's developed, the policies and procedures of 336 are still in effect.

Right on. Per this news update, the FAA wants hobbyists to keep following the existing rules.

Thanks, I hadn't seen that. I was wondering how they were going to handle things with 336 pulled out from under them. Then again, you'd think someone at the FAA would have known it was coming.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Myofb89