FAA TFR for Superbowl LIV - Miami, FL 2/2/2020

BigAl07

Administrator
Staff Member
Premium Pilot
Reactions
It's official (and expected). Here's a brief portion of the full TFR:

SUPER BOWL LIV FLIGHT ADVISORY

At the request of the Department of Homeland Security, the Federal Aviation Administration will establish airspace restrictions over Super Bowl LIV, to be played February 2, 2020 at Hard Rock Stadium in Miami, FL. NOTAMs will be issued depicting a 99.7 “Special Security Instruction” Temporary Flight Restriction (TFR) to be implemented as follows: Under the authority granted by 49 USC, the FAA may apply restrictions within airspace under its jurisdiction. Any person who knowingly and willingly violates these restrictions may be subject to certain criminal and/or civil penalties. Pilots who violate security TFRs or procedures may be intercepted, detained and interviewed by Law Enforcement/Security Personnel. They may also be subject to the following actions: 1. The FAA may take administrative action, including imposing civil penalties and the suspension or revocation of airmen certificates; 2. The United States Government may pursue criminal charges, including charges under Title 49 of the United States Code, Section 46307; 3. The United States Government may use deadly force against the airborne aircraft, if it is determined that the aircraft poses an imminent security threat.

See HERE for the FULL TFR and details

Sure hope some drone operator doesn't violate this- we'll all suffer.

I've flown aerial security with a Secret Service agent on board for President Reagan when they landed at Boeing field then convoyed into Seattle. A TFR goes wherever the president goes and they take it very seriously.

I've flown aerial security with a Secret Service agent on board for President Reagan when they landed at Boeing field then convoyed into Seattle. A TFR goes wherever the president goes and they take it very seriously.

Yes sir a VIP TFR is the last thing you want to "Test their power" on. Not the time nor the place.

I was at the Super Bowl in Atlanta last year. They caught 20-30 folks violating the TFR. I'm pretty sure someone will do it this year too. (Interestingly, there were several tethered Matrice 600s keeping watch over the entire area, along with several military helicopters circling the whole time).

I was at the Super Bowl in Atlanta last year. They caught 20-30 folks violating the TFR. I'm pretty sure someone will do it this year too. (Interestingly, there were several tethered Matrice 600s keeping watch over the entire area, along with several military helicopters circling the whole time).

And you can bet that they will have AeroScope deployed as well.

Reactions: Thomas B
...And/or the new DJI cellphone app.

The one from the video sample that Bixler was demoing? I “think” that’s part of the USS program but that’s just a WAG.

Reactions: Thomas B
Here is the first incident so far. TFR’s are in place. Maybe a year in jail for this guy may teach him.
AA5F6688-606B-4282-ACE5-E73CADEC92E4.jpeg

Sock it to him and make an example out of him.

Here is the first incident so far. TFR’s are in place. Maybe a year in jail for this guy may teach him.
View attachment 92715
Doubtful, for better or worse (also, I don’t understand what they’re talking about his “altering” his certificate to fly). I know a guy who got caught in the SB TFR last year and the gov’t is just seeking a (fairly steep, several times the cost of his former Phantom) fine.

Reactions: sar104
I'd guess (stress the word guess) he had a prior authorzation for the area (nonTFR) and tried to photoshop it to a different date/location to "look" legit.

Well... I for one don’t want to watch 37 extra commercials during the SuperBowl... while a drone is chased/downed/etc

is it normal for the FBI to handle a TFR violation thought that was the FAA...

The FAA can only do so much. They have very limited "power" when it comes to crimes etc.

Also it's important to understand that if there is an incident the NTSB may initiate the investigation but it will be turned over to the DOJ for criminal aspects etc.

Reactions: Thomas B and DDS

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jamoke