DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Fall Foliage Photo Contest. Prizes for top 6 entries.

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • DJI MAVIC AIR
  • Time of day - 5:30
  • NP or other filter used - ND 8 filter
  • Shutter speed. Auto -
  • any post editing processes or software used - Lightroom just to saturate a bit and bring out more from the shadows.
  • location Squaw Peak , Provo Canyon Utah
  • elevation AGL - probably 300ft
See my vid of the same time.

DJI_0266 copy.jpg

Last edited:
This is my first post and happy to share pictures of my home state - West Virginia! I'm a new Mavic owner, with the Pro 2 being my first drone and I've owned it only about 2 weeks now. I'm super excited to take many more photos, and develop my photography skills. I'm learning this as a new hobby, as I've always been interested in the "birds eye view" to life - seeing how all things are connected in the most beautiful ways, when viewed from the proper perspective :) I've attached photos from Blackwater Falls, WV.
EDIT: No filters. (I haven't found a software yet, I'm brand new at this!)

Attachments

• DJI_0048.JPG
    DJI_0048.JPG
    8.9 MB · Views: 45
  • DJI_0059.JPG
    DJI_0059.JPG
    8.8 MB · Views: 47
  • DJI_0063.JPG
    DJI_0063.JPG
    8.7 MB · Views: 43
  • DJI_0062.JPG
    DJI_0062.JPG
    9.3 MB · Views: 44
  • DJI_0067.JPG
    DJI_0067.JPG
    9.3 MB · Views: 42
Last edited:
One of my fall pictures with the Mavic 2 Pro. 1/50s & f/3.5 @ ISO100 with a DJI ND8 filter (just because I was out filming, if I had only been shooting stills I wouldn't have used the ND here). DNG raw file with minor adjustments in Capture One (raw file converter).

DJI_0193.jpg

Cheers,
Eivind

Attachments

• DJI_0193.jpg
    DJI_0193.jpg
    5.7 MB · Views: 41
Just a few screen-shots from a recent video, not edited yet, - from my home town Bergen, Norway. I am fortunate to live in one of the houses high up in the hill side at the foot of the mountain.

Shot with Mavic Pro, 2.7K, AE.

Attachments

• Høst Fjellveien 1.jpg
    Høst Fjellveien 1.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 33
  • Høst Fjellveien 2.jpg
    Høst Fjellveien 2.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 38
  • Høst Fjellveien 3.jpg
    Høst Fjellveien 3.jpg
    4.3 MB · Views: 37
  • Høst Fjellveien 4.jpg
    Høst Fjellveien 4.jpg
    4.2 MB · Views: 35
If you have taken or will be taking a picture of the fall foliage with your Mavic drone (MP, MPP, MA or M2), and you would like to enter it into our contest, please submit your photo as a thumbnail in this thread. Please do not post full sized photos in order to conserve thread space.

1. This contest is for Mavicpilots forum members only
  2. It is not a paid gig, so you don’t have to be Part 107 to enter.
  3. You are the rights holder for the entry. We will use it only for contest purposes.
  4. Any photos not reflective of the contest topic are subject to removal by the Admin or Mods
  5. Please do not respond to this thread with anything but your entries. Any comments will be deleted aside from what is recommended in #6 below. Comments will be allowed in a future thread.
  6. We would appreciate any info (but not required) about the photo such as:
    • time of day
    • NP or other filter used
    • Shutter speed
    • any post editing processes or software used
  7. Please don’t violate any airspace in your photos.
Submissions will be accepted until midnight October 27, 2018 EDT USA. After the entry period has been closed, the judges, made up of sponsors, approved vendors and staff, will pick the top 6 entries, and forum members will pick the top 3 as winners based on poll results. The 6 finalists entries will be shown on a new thread including a poll, allowing members to vote on their favorite entry, and comment on why they chose that particular one.

Prizes:

1st Place - Your choice of a 6 pack of either Fstop Labs @fstop.labs Mavic 2 Pro or Mavic 2 Zoom filters
2nd Place - Your choice of Mavic mug, Mavic Pro hat, or Mavic Pro Tshirt provided by @Aerial-Pixel
3rd Place - Thunderdrones Tshirt in XL

You don’t have to be a professional. Even if you are a beginner drone owner, we would like to see what you are capable of with a Mavic. Have fun, and let’s see what you can do.

You dont have to wait until the leaves turn color. If you start now, you can find a good area and fly it a few times to get the best shot.

P.S. Please click "like" on any posts that suit your fancy.

You and I will have to travel far to get any fall colors this year. No Fall in Ga this year.

Reactions: Former Member
Folks, PLEASE pick your best photo, only 1, and post it in thumbnail format. Please see the image below of how to use a thumbnail instead of full image.

Good luck and thank you for all the wonderful entries so far!

Attachments

• Fall foliage pic.jpg
    Fall foliage pic.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads