DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Fame at last! Footage used on Channel 4

Fame at last!! Channel 4 has used quite a few of my drone clips I shot at Whitby when I was on holiday there last August in a program called ‘Trip Hazard’. The series features uk holiday destinations as travelled to by disabled comedian Rosie Jones. They used quite a few clips - I’m dead chuffed!! Whitby is featured in episode 2. It’s available in the UK on the ‘More 4’ streaming service:

The video I shot at Whitby that made them contact me on YouTube is here:

I’m dead chuffed! To see my footage on Channel 4 is an amazing feeling!!!
Some excellent shots. Well done.

Fame at last!! Channel 4 has used quite a few of my drone clips I shot at Whitby when I was on holiday there last August in a program called ‘Trip Hazard’. The series features uk holiday destinations as travelled to by disabled comedian Rosie Jones. They used quite a few clips - I’m dead chuffed!! Whitby is featured in episode 2. It’s available in the UK on the ‘More 4’ streaming service:

Really impressive video, well deserving of greater exposure on Channel 4. For some reason, I just can't get my head around shooting and editing video, so I stick to still photos. So I am even more impressed by your work!!

Really impressive video, well deserving of greater exposure on Channel 4. For some reason, I just can't get my head around shooting and editing video, so I stick to still photos. So I am even more impressed by your work!!
Thank you! Editing is a big learning curve for me and I’m still struggling to get to grips with it. Definitely need a more powerful laptop that will let me play back the video smoothly in the editing software! My background has always been in stills until I got my drone. It’s a challenge to get to grips with a timeline and finding clips that work together and timing cuts to the music. But then again I find that makes it all the more satisfying when something works out how you hoped!

Reactions: CJG
Thank you! Editing is a big learning curve for me and I’m still struggling to get to grips with it. Definitely need a more powerful laptop that will let me play back the video smoothly in the editing software! My background has always been in stills until I got my drone. It’s a challenge to get to grips with a timeline and finding clips that work together and timing cuts to the music. But then again I find that makes it all the more satisfying when something works out how you hoped!
What online resources did you find most useful when learning video editing etc? Your work certainly looks very professional.

What online resources did you find most useful when learning video editing etc? Your work certainly looks very professional.
Definitely YouTube! I now know maybe almost 5% of the free version of DaVinci Resolve! That’s a lot more than when I first opened it and scratched my head. I’m used to editing stills photos but even simple tonal adjustments are completely different with video let alone all the other stuff. A few YouTube vids helped get me started. Just got to try and learn the other 95% now! And I discovered the YouTube music library offers some royalty-free tracks after Googling for free music.

Definitely YouTube! I now know maybe almost 5% of the free version of DaVinci Resolve! That’s a lot more than when I first opened it and scratched my head. I’m used to editing stills photos but even simple tonal adjustments are completely different with video let alone all the other stuff. A few YouTube vids helped get me started. Just got to try and learn the other 95% now! And I discovered the YouTube music library offers some royalty-free tracks after Googling for free music.
Cheers! Thanks for that!

Congratulations!

Reactions: Django18
If you call yourself an armature, I can't wait to see what you produce when you become an expert.
Great footage!!
Keep going
cheers

I’ll just pile on, amazing footage. It has to be a great feeling to see your work broadcast over the air. Congrats!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
testtest