DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Fantastic D Log cinematic before and after test [emoji108]

I have tried D-log vs D-cinelike yesterday on a different settings. D-log is way too dark and way too much details is going missing even after color grading (firmware is .550).
I would recommend filming in D-cinelike with settings +1 -1 0. You can even go -3 in contrast if you dont use ND filters. Why sharpening on +1? because Mavic camera have some bad settings, if you adjust sharpness to -1 or -2, there where is dark trees coming a lot of noise in and that cannot be reduced properly, but no problem when sharpness is at +1.

I have tried D-log vs D-cinelike yesterday on a different settings. D-log is way too dark and way too much details is going missing even after color grading (firmware is .550).
I would recommend filming in D-cinelike with settings +1 -1 0. You can even go -3 in contrast if you dont use ND filters. Why sharpening on +1? because Mavic camera have some bad settings, if you adjust sharpness to -1 or -2, there where is dark trees coming a lot of noise in and that cannot be reduced properly, but no problem when sharpness is at +1.

D-log was fixed in.600 everyone is referring to D-log in the latest firmware.

D-log was fixed in.600 everyone is referring to D-log in the latest firmware.

That is not true. D-log was updated with firmware v01.03.0400, there was no information about further upgrade of D-log in the lastest firmware, that is v01.03.0600. Prove me wrong if you can or do not post information that you dont know.

Reactions: Shawn3D
That is not true. D-log was updated with firmware v01.03.0400, there was no information about further upgrade of D-log in the lastest firmware, that is v01.03.0600. Prove me wrong if you can or do not post information that you dont know.

You're right , I was wrong. It was in firmware..500 not 600. So before you start to cry again, you also might want to check your data. Lol

You're right , I was wrong. It was in firmware..500 not 600. So before you start to cry again, you also might want to check your data. Lol

You are wrong again!

With 500 there was updated:
1. Updated No-Fly Zone management.
2. Optimized gimbal calibration.

With 550:
1. Optimized the RTH function.
2. Improved hovering performance.

With 400:
1. Added a self-diagnostic test function for ultrasonic sensors every time the aircraft is powered on.
2. Improved the Interval Mode performance.
3. Upgraded the D-Log color mode to extend dynamic range.
4. Optimized the video transmission by reducing the transmission signal loss ratio.

Reactions: SeaFox
I would say he's just shot the d-log footage slightly over exposed and slapped a ground control lut on top of it. That's it!

Hey buddy it's actually very slightly under exposed to maintain information in highlights and using the spectrumgrades presets LUTs. They are they best high quality premium LUTs on the market for sure. Hope that helps :)

Here's a really excellent tutorial on using LUTs and to easily achieve a polished filmic look

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RWShepard