DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Far away

Red_Robbo

Reactions
Is it natural to get very anxious on your 'training' flights when you start to send your drone further and further away? When my Mini 2 was becoming a spec in the distances, even on a wide open deserted beach with no obstacles I got a little bit panicky. :eek:

Is it natural to get very anxious on your 'training' flights when you start to send your drone further and further away? When my Mini 2 was becoming a spec in the distances, even on a wide open deserted beach with no obstacles I got a little bit panicky. :eek:

That feeling never goes away... at least not for me. So get use to it. And it’s not necessary a bad thing..".....

it is something that should be respected ,it shows that you are thinking about where your drone is in relation to your position and that you care about flying within your capabilities
no matter how good you get at flying your drone ,never lose that feeling
if you were in the drone flying it then you would have those feelings, because you would know that it was your efforts ,that would get you back to mother earth in one piece
its very easy to forget that when you fly a drone because it does not pose any danger directly to yourself

That feeling never goes away. You just learn to handle it a little differently. You also have to trust the drone and your telemetries. I use the map a lot when I loose track of my MA2 to ensure the proper orientation and get it back safely. Happy flying!

My first BVLOS flights that I used to do prior to the rule change took some time to adapt to. The thought of losing an expensive piece of equipment and not knowing where to go find it was always in the back of my mind. But it was also similar to flying over water where retrieval was probably impossible. It doesn't bother me anymore and I just fly as cautious as possible. After strobes hit the market, I did feel a bit better at further distances provided I was over accessible land. But when things go wrong like signal loss, rebooting, gimbal shake or swarming birds get too close, I get that same feeling. If I do approach my visible LOS limit using strobes and loose for a second, if I have a spotter I have them use binoculars to check its status and help me bring it back closer where I can see it with the strobes with the naked eye. Then there is flying at night :eek:

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan