DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Faulty temperature sensor on MA smart battery

Reactions
I have a battery reading 9 degrees C (49 deg,. F) at room temp of 77 degrees F. I have to connect the battery to the drone and view videos for 15-20 minutes to heat it up enough for it to take a charge, and them it clicks off at about 80% when the temp drops again. Frustrating to be sure, since I don't really care to spend 80 bucks on a new one. Any wisdom from the sages in here?

What kind of charger?
Have you tried depleting the battery... props off... to 8-10% to see if it resets the battery?

the fact you are heating it up to take on a charge is the opposite to what should happen it should not take on a charge if it is to hot, try what Thomas B said and see if it resets the internal sensor

Reactions: Thomas B
With everything that has been said in the last few weeks about batteries especially Sunwoda ones, I would be hugely careful with it. If it is Sunwoda that would be the end period. 3 of my 4 are Sunwoda. Currently I’m stuck in home because of a broken Ankle that required surgery so I’m not able to fly. In storage mode they are all fine currently. When I change them I’ll be checking all of them carefully. I coughed up a lot to get the Air and it does concern me. Anyone with these batter should be concerned. My take, YMMV???

Reactions: old man mavic
While being "hugely careful", and taking everyone's advice into considerations, I'm going to deplete the battery below 8% and try to charge it again. Then I can test it on low, backyard-over-grass controlled flights and see if it resets. If not, then I will probably ****-can it.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
espinafre