DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

FCC mode in CE area

To be honest I don’t get the point regarding the channels...

You can use Fake-GPS App on Android to switch to FCC.
Easy.
On iPhone, it don't work.
But you can use iPhone, once you have activated FCC with Android.

Reactions: blasco403
I don't see why you need to ....

Reactions: nitishsha
It’s really for Europe because our signal has been halved compared to some other countries like the states. Now if they would just get on with update for the crystal sky I would be sorted.

I'm yet to get over 600m in an CE Urban area on 2.4ghz, I appreciate there's alot of interference where I'm flying but it's very frustrating, especially the laggy video

Reactions: Charissa and Surge
How do you change from 2.4 to 5.8ghz mode? I can't figure out how to force the change in DJI Go 4.

How do you change from 2.4 to 5.8ghz mode? I can't figure out how to force the change in DJI Go 4.

You go to the wifi icon and select custom, the higher channels will be 5.8ghz bands. You'll probably get less interference on a 5.8ghz band but if you're in a CE area the range is limited to 500m :(

So do I just pick a higher channel at random? My Spark used to choose 5.8 all the time and I managed 1,100m (CE) with my parabolic reflectors so I'm somewhat confident.

So do I just pick a higher channel at random? My Spark used to choose 5.8 all the time and I managed 1,100m (CE) with my parabolic reflectors so I'm somewhat confident.

Channels 1 - 11 will be 2.4ghz and 149 - 165 will be 5.8ghz, but you'll want to choose a green one since it will be stable ,red is unstable. I've got actually tried this yet but may give it a go to see if it improves range or stability.

This video explains it pretty well:

Reactions: synaesthesia
If the remote and mobile device both think they're in America, will that cause issues for things like return to home?
You just need to perform this procedure once. One the RC thinks it is in FCC you can stop the fakeGPS app and start flying the AC as you always would (in the right GPS location), even between restarts.
Just remember to cancel the wifi region warning from then on to stay in FCC mode.

I am confused is this for the direct connection between the mobile and the air without the use of the remote controller?
Reason i am asking is because unlike the mavic pro the air uses wifi for the connection between the remote and the air both for mobile phone stand alone mode and remote controller mode.

Reactions: Riteguy
Fcc and fe mode differences is it just the 2.4 and the 5.8 or also the power of the signal in watts eg?
Ps. I leave in Greece so i would get only 2.4?

FCC and CE mode indicate the power output that the device is allowed to use, not the wifi band (2.4/5.8GHz).
In CE mode (Europe) the transmission power is lower than in FCC mode, but you can still use 2.4 (for best range outdoors) or 5.8GHz (in urban areas with lots of interference) bands.
In the GO4 app ch. 1-13 are 2.4GHz and 149 etc are 5.8GHz.

Just search for FCC/CE, there already is a lot of information in the forum...

Reactions: Gotters
Fcc and fe mode differences is it just the 2.4 and the 5.8 or also the power of the signal in watts eg?
According to the specs:

Operating Frequency 2.400 - 2.4835 GHz and 5.725 - 5.850 GHz

Transmission Power (EIRP)2.400 - 2.4835 GHz:
FCC:≤26 dBm
CE: ≤18 dBm
SRRC: ≤18 dBm
MIC:≤18 dBm

5.725 - 5.850 GHz:
FCC: ≤30 dBm
CE: ≤14 dBm
SRRC: ≤26 dBm

means that in CE you can have both frequency bands.
But - you have to check your local (Greece) regulations, if there are any restrictions related to 5.8 GHz.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
seaphotos