DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

FCC mode in CE area

I managed to put my Mavic Air to FCC mode using android phone and then switching back to iPhone. I live in europe and get more stable signal now. But what happens when I update the firmware, will it reset and go back to CE mode?

Hello everyone. After being doing many tests with my mavic pro. I managed to put it in FCC. The trick is to put the mavic in wifi mode (with the switch) Open the App DJI GO 4 MOD 2.0 (in airplane mode minus the wifi). You connect it to the mavic and that's it. If it does not work at the first try more times. When in Wifi mode, a tab appears in the App with the Wi-Fi channels. 11 FCC or 13 CE. Now you can use the official app, it is very important to always be in airplane mode. If you use the app with internet, it automatically passes to CE, without asking. I hope you will be there for help.

I can't understand.....if I use the mod app I always have fcc mode at the beginning, it is already implemented in this way

I managed to put my Mavic Air to FCC mode using android phone and then switching back to iPhone. I live in europe and get more stable signal now. But what happens when I update the firmware, will it reset and go back to CE mode?

Not unless that Firmware update specifically changes the way the location check works and/or prevents you from cancelling the warning. Currently it's fine.

dont use fake GPS you could loos your drone wen doing a distance test flight :
wen you are in europe just buy the signal extenders for the mavic air, instead of "loosing" 50 % signal it trows all signals fowards your drone, always point to your drone with the antenna's

see this :
2rn9bfo.jpg

dont use fake GPS you could loos your drone wen doing a distance test flight :
wen you are in europe just buy the signal extenders for the mavic air, instead of "loosing" 50 % signal it trows all signals fowards your drone, always point to your drone with the antenna's

see this :
2rn9bfo.jpg

I thought this was BS

no its def not ! ;-) i had see a lot of testing video's so i decided to order them to for my DJI mavic air , not specialy for distance but for muts stronger signal from controller to drone ;-)

i'l explane oke : the signal from the controller go's around the antenna spread out , these extenders catch the signal from behind end spread them also towards your drone if you pointed the antenna's to your drone , this way you get a muts stronger signal , so you can fly further away but that was not my toughs ;-)

After making the changes, go into the WiFi channel display page of the Go4 app, if there are at total of 11 channels it’s in FCC mode, if there are 13 channels it’s in CE mode.

Mavic Pro uses Ocu-Sync and not WiFi so it doesn't work.

no its def not ! ;-) i had see a lot of testing video's so i decided to order them to for my DJI mavic air , not specialy for distance but for muts stronger signal from controller to drone ;-)

i'l explane oke : the signal from the controller go's around the antenna spread out , these extenders catch the signal from behind end spread them also towards your drone if you pointed the antenna's to your drone , this way you get a muts stronger signal , so you can fly further away but that was not my toughs ;-)
That's the theory yes, but most of those things don't really work in practice.

Mavic Pro uses Ocu-Sync and not WiFi so it doesn't work.
Yes it is true. Everybody speaks about wifi mode on MAVIC pro. But when you use MAVIC pro you only use RC mode. Range is much better Than in wifi mode. So does "fake location solution" work in RC (OCUSYNC) mode ? That is the question...?

So the Only way to put fcc mode on Mavic pro for CE user should be « fcc config files method »...but trouble is : i have never found anybody to explain me clearly on IOS which version of DJI GO4 to use ? with adapted AC/RC FW? ... i downgraded many times the apps and AC/RC FW without success !!!! The only parameter i could not downgrade is IOS. I have to stay in IOS 11 because of abusive Apple method which force users to stay in IOS11.

Hey,

New here in the forum :) so I've tried to do the XCode GPS-trick. It do have 11 channels when I have wifi mode on the Mavic. When I restart the Mavic (and the phone) with the RC plugged in instead, I have no idea if it's on FCC. And I doubt it is, since it's not giving me the "Switch Wi-Fi Settings" dialogue. Am I missing something?

Yes it is true I think in RC mode (ocusync) you won't have "wlan dialog box" (and have to answer "cancel" to avoid change FCC--> CE) as in wifi mode. So as far as I am concerned I try to fly (exactly same flight, same gps coordinates, same altitude...) to observe range differences. But unfortunately I have never been able to fly farther than 3700 m!!!

I use the FCC mode on Mavic Air in Greece. Works fine with DJI GO4 4.2.6 on iOS.
Has anybody tried with the new 4.2.8?

That's a great tip for apple users. Borrow a friends Android. Load and run DJI go 4 and connect to Mavic air then instalthe fake GPS. Once all up and running delete those apps on friends phone and buy him a pint of beer. Upgrading? Does it stop the hack? NO. Not on mine. How to switch.

Reactions: Mcgon
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danski_inthe_Sky