DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

FCC mode in CE area

Like I said, I wasnt trying to be rude, reading my replies back I did come across that way.

I just think that if someone goes through an entire thread over 12 pages long and asks a specific question about a specific device then the answer should be similarly specific.

This is the tutorial I used -

I would advise you to start downloading ‘Xcode’ now as its a big file and can take a while.

Any questions or problems then just ask.

This is great for me thank you. You’re right I don’t have access to an Android device

Again - many thanks

Like I said, any questions then just ask.

You should be ok though, I followed the video to the letter and it went fine.

Only thing it doesnt tell you is how to revert back to your real GPS location, just power cycle your phone and it will be back to normal :)

Aaaand the question is back. 4.2.16 is here. Do we still have popup and fcc in ce region?

It has already been corfirmed by previous posters, here comes yet another confirmation. FCC popup (cancel / ok) pops up as usual in CE area with 4.2.16. Had several flights today. Very stable i must say! Cheers

I have Android, working perfectly. FCC enabled.

My Mavic Air did reset FCC settings after DJI GO and FW upgrade last week.

To restore FCC: (by Android device)

1) Android - remove last DJI GO Version and install previous one
2) Android: Settings - Developer option enable geolocation GPS only (DISABLE assisted GPS)
3) Mavic Air put in microwave oven (to predict to receive GPS/GLONASS data). Remote - near the microwave.
4) After Hola Fake GPS (with fake location in US) start the DJI GO app and activate new WLAN settings
5) Android OFF, iPad/iPhone ON, Cancel to Change WLAN settings. Go!

Last edited:
Just got a Mavic Air. Did the job via Android device, as I use an iPhone. Worked.

Now for some questions. Will the hack only affect DJI app and not general iphone settings?

Press “cancel” every time? Will “ok” rest hack until i restart iOS app?

Is performance really improved?

Will I have to do the hack again, for any reason? On android phone again?

Thanks.

My Mavic Air did reset FCC settings after DJI GO and FW upgrade last week.

To restore FCC: (by Android device)

1) Android - remove last DJI GO Version and install previous one
2) Android: Settings - Developer option enable geolocation GPS only (DISABLE assisted GPS)
3) Mavic Air put in microwave oven (to predict to receive GPS/GLONASS data). Remote - near the microwave.
4) After Hola Fake GPS (with fake location in US) start the DJI GO app and activate new WLAN settings
5) Android OFF, iPad/iPhone ON, Cancel to Change WLAN settings. Go!
How many minutes do you cook it for in the microwave?? Why on earth would you need to put it inside the microwave?????

Last edited:
How many minutes do you cook it for in the microwave?? Why on earth would you need to put it inside the microwave?????

To block the drone from getting GPS signal. (Microwave not to be started).
If drone gets GPS signal, the GPS signal of the drone has priority over the GPS signal from the phone, hence the fake-gps-hack cannot be done (that's my experience)

To block the drone from getting GPS signal. (Microwave not to be started).
If drone gets GPS signal, the GPS signal of the drone has priority over the GPS signal from the phone, hence the fake-gps-hack cannot be done (that's my experience)
Not needed in my experience, but each to their own!

Reactions: duejsdguy
Does changing from ce to fcc have any implications towards your warranty and refresh package? Hate to think I’m getting a little more range at the expense of those?

Reactions: duejsdguy
Hi, okay I need your help here....

I'm a Spark user in Denmark, Europe. Using Android (Galaxy S7). Using OTG cable, as the controllers wifi still isn't visible on Android (at least not Galaxy S7).
Since this thread informed that the FCC hack still works on new app version, I upgrade DJI Go 4 from 4.1.15 to 4.2.16.

I can get the "fake gps" hack to work (see my notes in the bottom of this text). The DJI Go 4 app tells I'm in a new region, will you change Wifi-setting? I press OK, and I can confirm on wifi page in app, that I have only 11 2.4ghz channel. So far so good.

I turn off Spark. I turn off remote controller, and I close the app. As if I'm done flying (testing without flying).

When I turn on spark again and turn on controller. And start app.
(I have to wait for green LED on controller before I plug in OTG cable - it's always been like that).

But even if I have closed down Fake GPS or not, it automatically - without asking me in any prompts - reverts to having 13 channels on 2.4ghz.

- I just cannot get it to stick in FCC mode. What do I do wrong?

When I do the fake-gps hack, i put the drone under a frying pan with high sides to avoid the drone obtains GPS signal. It is usually not stated, but my findings is that drone gpx fix overrules phone gps fix (meaning fake gps-hack won't work -> my experinece). Is this also your findings?

To me it doesn't make sense that the drone kindly ask if I want to change region when I do a region change (the first change - fake gps - drone thinks I'm in USA). But not asks me when I do another region change (booting up after Fake GPS, being in Denmark).

I have developer options active, but is there any settings that are needed there?

Could it be that the app reports number of channel wrong in current app. So it actually is in FCC mode even if it shows 13 channels for 2.4ghz?

Please help...

Could it be that the app reports number of channel wrong in current app. So it actually is in FCC mode even if it shows 13 channels for 2.4ghz?

Please help...
Have you waited a few (10) seconds, keeping an eye on the channels? I see 13 channels for a little while, but then it changes to 11.

Not needed in my experience, but each to their own!
So when the drone has obtained GPS signal (slow green flashing of rear LEDs), you can still do the Fake GPS Hack?
- When slow green flashing you start the app with Fake GPS enabled, and is asked to change Wifi Region? (I'm at work and cannot test, but 99,9% sure I cannot do Fake GPS hack with drone having GPS signal)

I would like to hear others experience for this also...

The drones GPS has no effect on changing the RC to FCC mode, it takes all the location data from the connected mobile device.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Photogeezer