DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

FCC mode in CE area

Actually I managed to change the mode to FCC. It's very simple and stays on at all the time, as long as you cancel on each start of the dji go 4 app the prompt to confirm the current country WiFi. No matter what device I connect, android or ios. Now just need to test it in the field...

Err, no. You’re just fooling it into temporarily thinking it’s in the USA, so that you can then decline the offer to change region frequency band to local ie CE

Err, no. You’re just fooling it into temporarily thinking it’s in the USA, so that you can then decline the offer to change region frequency band to local ie CE

But what if I hit RTH ? The home point will be from where I take off ?

But what if I hit RTH ? The home point will be from where I take off ?
It makes no difference to the way your drone operates or where it thinks it is via the GPS location it calculates, it just allows you to choose to remain in FCC mode & hence a stronger RC transmitter power.
Look, if you’re really that worried that doing this will somehow make your drone think it’s somewhere it’s not, don’t do it! But I can I assure you that many (if not most that use this forum outside the USA) have applied this.

Last edited:
Don’t worry, everything works as normal, including RTH, the only change is the WiFi frequency & power levels.
I’m in the U.K. and I’ve done the hack, it’s a big improvement on range and signal quality so even if you don’t need the extra range it’s still worth doing it for the improved signal quality.

Don’t worry, everything works as normal, including RTH, the only change is the WiFi frequency & power levels.
I’m in the U.K. and I’ve done the hack, it’s a big improvement on range and signal quality so even if you don’t need the extra range it’s still worth doing it for the improved signal quality.

Cool ! Thanks bro !

Think of it like this....

You go on holiday from a CE country to a FCC country. You turn on your drone and it sees your in a FCC country and asks ‘do you want to switch to FCC for more fun?’ you hit ‘ok!!’

You then return from your holiday and go to fly your drone and it sees your in a CE country again and it asks you ‘I see your back in a CE country again, would you like to switch back to CE mode’ and you hit ‘cancel!’ and it stays in FCC mode.

Thats all your changing, a mode. The drone knows where it is at all times. Your just ‘taking it on a small holiday’.... without actually going anywhere.

Reactions: InvisibleName
Think of it like this....

You go on holiday from a CE country to a FCC country. You turn on your drone and it sees your in a FCC country and asks ‘do you want to switch to FCC for more fun?’ you hit ‘ok!!’

You then return from your holiday and go to fly your drone and it sees your in a CE country again and it asks you ‘I see your back in a CE country again, would you like to switch back to CE mode’ and you hit ‘cancel!’ and it stays in FCC mode.

Thats all your changing, a mode. The drone knows where it is at all times. Your just ‘taking it on a small holiday’.... without actually going anywhere.

Looks cool holiday [emoji6] thanks

I've never looked back, much better in FCC Mode, flying it the other day over a busy set of towns and no interference, at good distances that I know in CE mode I'd have had issues.

All the footage (or lots of it at least) in latest vlog

You sure about Litchi? When I tried it a few months ago it auto switched me back to CE mode and Litchi themselves said it was a problem within the DJI SDK.

You sure about Litchi? When I tried it a few months ago it auto switched me back to CE mode and Litchi themselves said it was a problem within the DJI SDK.

Yes - the latest Litchi update does the same as DJI and asks if you want to switch regions, previous releases automatically switched it to (in my case) the CE version.

Reactions: ManuCH
So the Android device to change the GPS and then I start DJI GO4 with my iPad and it s done ??
Worked for me,fake GPS app on Android,convince it it's in the states,then hook up iOS device and always press cancel on the change country option. For anyone worrying about rth,don't,it doesn't set off for Arizona[emoji27]

another question..

when we update the dji4 app, fcc mode automaticaly change to ce mode without any asking..

i learned it when i check the channel quantites.. i dont remember that i change it..

does anyone know this ? or i remembered wrong..

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaxRichu