DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

FCC mode using Modified ipa file!

vinhidalgo

Reactions
Hi guys.

How can I use either Impactor or Xcode to install a special DJI Go 4 modified ipa file?

Is someone using this particular file name:

DJI GO 4 4.2.22-frida.ipa?

Thank you guys.

Im following this as seen a few guys using Xcode for the fcc hack but just cannot find a link for help !!!

old thread, but i just went through this process and i've got it working.
using latest Go4 4.3.3-frida.ipa

assuming you've got super-impactor downloaded/installed and running with your ios device plugged into your computer... click on device, you'll see "install from IPA" - that will let you select your ipa.
some recommend keeping wifi off for this part - i think it did help me to do so.
you'll have to use an apple id and password... some use app specific password, but i found that too much of a PITA so i just put in my regular old id/password since i try not to use any of that ****** icloud crap and i just DGAF (let's face it, nothing is going to stop anyone from compromising your apple id as it probably has been compromised by a massive hack more times than anyone can count).
then you attempt to install... i think it errors out once or twice and even freezes at some point, but it will eventually work in several minutes. basically it signs the untrusted app.

when you enable wifi.. open up itunes... select your ios device and select file sharing.. select the DJI app that was just put in there and you drag all the files into the documents window (files unzipped from the dji-ios-frida-tweak github... i just put them all in there).. and SYNC
THEN you gotta go into settings on your ios device, general : device management ... and you'll see under DEVELOPER APP your itunes id.. you click on that and VERIFY.

then i opened up the app and ran it like regular old dji go app... but it has a popup for config.
reason i'm in here looking this up for the mavic air is... i enabled boost mode and i'm wondering if this actually helps for anyone?

i'm using an amplified antenna (alientech pro 5.8g) and i can't tell a difference.
i mainly set this up for a mavic pro to use in 1.5w 2.57ghz, but wondering if it even helps for a mavic air?

old thread, but i just went through this process and i've got it working.
using latest Go4 4.3.3-frida.ipa

assuming you've got super-impactor downloaded/installed and running with your ios device plugged into your computer... click on device, you'll see "install from IPA" - that will let you select your ipa.
some recommend keeping wifi off for this part - i think it did help me to do so.
you'll have to use an apple id and password... some use app specific password, but i found that too much of a PITA so i just put in my regular old id/password since i try not to use any of that ****** icloud crap and i just DGAF (let's face it, nothing is going to stop anyone from compromising your apple id as it probably has been compromised by a massive hack more times than anyone can count).
then you attempt to install... i think it errors out once or twice and even freezes at some point, but it will eventually work in several minutes. basically it signs the untrusted app.

when you enable wifi.. open up itunes... select your ios device and select file sharing.. select the DJI app that was just put in there and you drag all the files into the documents window (files unzipped from the dji-ios-frida-tweak github... i just put them all in there).. and SYNC
THEN you gotta go into settings on your ios device, general : device management ... and you'll see under DEVELOPER APP your itunes id.. you click on that and VERIFY.

then i opened up the app and ran it like regular old dji go app... but it has a popup for config.
reason i'm in here looking this up for the mavic air is... i enabled boost mode and i'm wondering if this actually helps for anyone?

i'm using an amplified antenna (alientech pro 5.8g) and i can't tell a difference.
i mainly set this up for a mavic pro to use in 1.5w 2.57ghz, but wondering if it even helps for a mavic air?

The problem is every 7 days it needs to be re-signed.
I tried a VPN app to supposedly stop the modified Frida app checking Apple servers but it didn’t work

The problem is every 7 days it needs to be re-signed.
I tried a VPN app to supposedly stop the modified Frida app checking Apple servers but it didn’t work
well that sucks. what is that process like?
are/were you using this with a mavic air? was it useful for anything other than fcc mode? boost? channels/frequency??

my iphone 6 is jailbroken ios9. i imagine i should be able to get around that somehow.

The process is straight forward but still PIA. I used it for my M2Z and only for FCC. I did an FCC hack on my Spark which is the same as for Mavic Air, but the jailbreak might work for you. Let me know if after a week the frida still works for u please.

Totally unnecessarily complicated method of using xcode. There is a guide on youtube that takes less than 5 minutes to complete (if you already have xcode downloaded). I hacked mine into FCC mode about 4 months ago and its still in FCC mode today and I have never needed to go back to my Mac to touch a single thing.

Totally unnecessarily complicated method of using xcode. There is a guide on youtube that takes less than 5 minutes to complete (if you already have xcode downloaded). I hacked mine into FCC mode about 4 months ago and its still in FCC mode today and I have never needed to go back to my Mac to touch a single thing.

Is this for Mavic Air or Mavic 2?

Sorry, my original reply was not for your comment, it was for the person who started the thread.

Anyway, the idea is to share tips or tricks. At that moment is was related with a Mavic Air but now I own a Mavic 2 Zoom with the same situation so, it would work as well. Thank you guys!!

The Hack works with all DJI ‘hobby’ level drones. In essence your hacking a tablet or phone, your not hacking anything on the drone itself, just tricking it into thinking its in a different country for a few minutes.

well that sucks. what is that process like?
are/were you using this with a mavic air? was it useful for anything other than fcc mode? boost? channels/frequency??

my iphone 6 is jailbroken ios9. i imagine i should be able to get around that somehow.
Bah... Won't even open anymore which tells me it needs to be re-signed. I'll just stick to android

If u do the fcc mode using a android phone and then change over to iOS but after changing to fcc mode do not click ok when u are using your iPhone

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twistedpair