DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Fear of flight

languphil

Reactions
Dear pilots,
I am writing to you to tell you my horrible story. I am new to drones.I got a Mavic from my father for my birthday. I tried to fly in my room and it crashed into the wall and broke the propellers. I changed them,and the next time I tested it in the garden and again it crashed into a tree. Again I changed the propellers,but this time I am afraid of flying it again. I am really afraid of crashing into things or people. Could you please take time and advise me what to do and how to remove this **** fear of flying my Mavic? I really appreciate your help.
Sincerely yours,
Mahmoud

Mahmoud,

Get out to a wide open space. Put your MP into "beginner" mode. This reduces the effects of controls and limits your flying height and distance. Take it slow. If you get panicked, just release the controls and the MP will hover.

I don't recommend flying indoors at all.

Hope this helps you some.

Mike

Mahmoud,

Get out to a wide open space. Put your MP into "beginner" mode. This reduces the effects of controls and limits your flying height and distance. Take it slow. If you get panicked, just release the controls and the MP will hover.

I don't recommend flying indoors at all.

Hope this helps you some.

Mike
Mike,
Thanks a lot for your prompt reply. I will do that as soon as possible.I really appreciate your kindness.
Mahmoud

Reactions: MChittum
You can also try the simulation mode where it actually doesn't take off and u can get a feel for the controls.
Go outdoors away from property, people and trees.
Limit your altitude and make sure the return to home height is set correctly and the home point is recorded correctly by verifying it on Google maps.
Best thing is to read the online manual and watch plenty of you tube beginner videos.
We was all new once so your not on your own in fact I've been flying over a year and still get nervous and I've flown about a million feet.
Flysafe and responsibly!

You can also try the simulation mode where it actually doesn't take off and u can get a feel for the controls.
Go outdoors away from property, people and trees.
Limit your altitude and make sure the return to home height is set correctly and the home point is recorded correctly by verifying it on Google maps.
Best thing is to read the online manual and watch plenty of you tube beginner videos.
We was all new once so your not on your own in fact I've been flying over a year and still get nervous and I've flown about a million feet.
Flysafe and responsibly!
Sparky,
Thanks a lot for your nice reply. Where can I get the simulator for mavic?
yours,
Mahmoud

The simulator is within the app I believe. Remove the props from your drone though!!! Good luck, you shall get there!

Reactions: languphil
Sparky,
Thanks a lot for your nice reply. Where can I get the simulator for mavic?
yours,
Mahmoud
As gremlin said the simulator is in the software free.
You have a very capable machine there in your possession so treat it like a flying hard drive lol as the gimble is fragile.
This forum has tons of information and I've learnt everything I know from the guys on here. I love my MP and got my eyes on a the Parrot Disco fpv plane which has auto land and RTH and 45 min flight time etc.
I love my toys lol [emoji16]

Dear pilots,
I am writing to you to tell you my horrible story. I am new to drones.I got a Mavic from my father for my birthday. I tried to fly in my room and it crashed into the wall and broke the propellers. I changed them,and the next time I tested it in the garden and again it crashed into a tree. Again I changed the propellers,but this time I am afraid of flying it again. I am really afraid of crashing into things or people. Could you please take time and advise me what to do and how to remove this **** fear of flying my Mavic? I really appreciate your help.
Sincerely yours,
Mahmoud

Hey Mahmoud,

Firstly kudos on getting a birthday present like a mavic from your dad!

I think it would be best for you to read the user manual first before attempting any of your flights. It's sometime new so I'm sure there will be apprehension so go to a wide open field and learn how to slowly control the pitch rolls and yaws, and you should be fine. And small changes when controlling rather than yanking or jabbing the sticks to its limits with every change in direction.

And definitely use the beginner mode. You know it time to turn off beginner mode when you are flying and thinking about something else rather than the controls, like what's for lunch

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
catalinbbc27