DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Feature on Mavic Air

I just ordered from Advexure. They were VERY helpful. I went with them over ordering direct from DJI as they can be an intermediary for any issues.

Thank you for the kind words, we appreciate it. Give us a shout if we can be of any further assistance as you get up and going.

Well, after debating for many weeks now with myself... We came to the conclusion that the MA is the best choice. Backpack/Motorcycle scenario. I want White or Red. Now as to actually buying it... came close a couple of times. Called Best Buy... started to drive over and get the Arctic White Fly More Combo... but got cold feet... worried I would get a "Chinese Brick" or problem child. Not wanting to enter into the two step tango with DJI customer support... like embracing Typhus from most reports. Still might do it. As to my style of flying... Line of sight... and slow and steady.... but I have questions questions... lingering doubts.... countless videos watched. It is an amazing piece of technology. I will probably do it.... jeeez....I sound like an indecisive germ but it's a lot of do rey me.

I would never get anything from Best Buy. You can get the white ones from an Apple Store. I went with Advexure because if there is a problem I’m pretty confident they will take care of it.

Reactions: Agabus
Apple sells all kinds of accessories in their stores. They apparently like DJI stuff. I think they had the Osmo Mobile 2 before anyone else. I don’t think it’s coincidental that DJI Go 4 works better on iOS. If you haven’t noticed but DJI likes to emulate Apple in much of their marketing. Seems like DJI and Apple are a little cozy.

I went into one of the local Best Buys recently. I hadn’t step into one for ages. It was horrible. Tons of employees and no customers. Out of curiosity I tried to find an Extreme Pro SD card. Four employees later and they were giving me the look of, Why don’t you just get it from Amazon?

I’m not sure they’ll last five years.

Apple sells all kinds of accessories in their stores. They apparently like DJI stuff. I think they had the Osmo Mobile 2 before anyone else. I don’t think it’s coincidental that DJI Go 4 works better on iOS. If you haven’t noticed but DJI likes to emulate Apple in much of their marketing. Seems like DJI and Apple are a little cozy.
Yes, I have noticed the Apple products seem to work more smoothly for lack of a better word.. and I do have an Ipad Air I would like to use if it isn't too old... I think it's about 4 years old but up to date on all Apple firmware. My android smart phone wouldn't be bright enough at all...even if it did work with DJI. Maybe with a hood.... not sure.

The iPad Air isn’t too old. As long as it supports the latest iOS software you’re fine. Which the IPad Air does (I have one too, although I haven’t tested it with the Mavic Air.

Well, after debating for many weeks now with myself... We came to the conclusion that the MA is the best choice. Backpack/Motorcycle scenario.

I've had mine for less than a week now. I bring it EVERYWHERE. It packs really small and the case it comes with is sturdy as can be. You may want to get a case for the controller, but that's probably it if you want to pack small. Mine fits nicely in my backpack, I took it snowboarding at Loveland PAss yesterday (backcountry) and filmed a bit in the snow. I'd recommend buying a landing pad too if you're not taking off/landing from concrete. I bought a weighted one for $40 from my local DJI shop that is very nice, although it's probably as heavy as the drone.

This *is* the drone you want. The flying time is much longer than you'd realize. I'd personally recommend skipping the fly more combo and just get the drone and some extra batteries, and a fast microSD card from Amazon.

The GPS and "Return to Home" make this a very safe drone to fly. You can fly to some pretty crazy places, and just press the "return to home" button when you're ready for it to come back.

TL/DR: Get yourself a Mavic Air, you're going to freaking love it, and you're going to take it everywhere you go.

Two batteries are US$160 and to charge all of them you should get the charging hud US$50... So getting the Fly More for US$200 more is a no brainer with the extra stuff you will get.

Reactions: thebigbaddan
No brainer unless your budget stops at $800 like mine did. Of course, you'll end up buying more batteries... I just bought one extra for now. Will probably buy one a month until I can fly all day long. I bought a car charger and a charging hub on Amazon (or was it ebay?) for much cheaper than $50 as well.

I've had mine for less than a week now. I bring it EVERYWHERE. It packs really small and the case it comes with is sturdy as can be. You may want to get a case for the controller, but that's probably it if you want to pack small. Mine fits nicely in my backpack, I took it snowboarding at Loveland PAss yesterday (backcountry) and filmed a bit in the snow. I'd recommend buying a landing pad too if you're not taking off/landing from concrete. I bought a weighted one for $40 from my local DJI shop that is very nice, although it's probably as heavy as the drone.

This *is* the drone you want. The flying time is much longer than you'd realize. I'd personally recommend skipping the fly more combo and just get the drone and some extra batteries, and a fast microSD card from Amazon.

The GPS and "Return to Home" make this a very safe drone to fly. You can fly to some pretty crazy places, and just press the "return to home" button when you're ready for it to come back.

TL/DR: Get yourself a Mavic Air, you're going to freaking love it, and you're going to take it everywhere you go.

Thanks, this helps. Pretty much the conclusion that myself and I came up with although we really struggled against the MPP. FInally realized that the MA was more suited for the backpack and was just so much tech in a tiny shell...very amazing. I think I can make the Wifi thing work for my needs even in an urban area which I'm mostly rural here. Using a rangefinder I scoped out varying distances and there is no way after 300 yards or so I would even be able to spot this lil guy. I suppose with confidence comes boldness. But that's another topic for another campfire.

No brainer unless your budget stops at $800 like mine did. Of course, you'll end up buying more batteries... I just bought one extra for now. Will probably buy one a month until I can fly all day long. I bought a car charger and a charging hub on Amazon (or was it ebay?) for much cheaper than $50 as well.

Do you mean one like this?

FSLabs DJI Mavic Air Battery Charger 4 Battery Parallel Smart Battery Charging Hub with safety cover and LIPO Safe Bag https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07B3QGDWX/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_ke80Ab2CAT95Q

I lucked out and I was able to stretch for the Fly More.

I’m so glad I went with the fly more. The bag is perfect and if you take out the separation parts you can fit the drone inside the clam shell case in the bag and just put the batteries in the side pocket. I flew with my daughter ( btw it was amazing watching a 7 year old control the drone with just her hands ) and I quickly went thru 2 batteries

Last edited:
Reactions: ivpool$ and zwt100
From the limited information that you have provided in regards to how you want to use the drone, I think the Mavic Air is definitely the one for you. Mainly because you said you travel. The MA is so amazingly compact that you can't understate the value this adds over the MP. The battery life is shorter but with the 'Fly More Combo', you get 2 extra batteries which gives you close to an hour of flight time with all the batteries charged.

I would strongly recommend the 'Fly More Combo', it's amazing value.

What I don't like about the Mavic Air is the USB port, the flap is so small that any average sized hand will struggle with it a bit. Not a massive problem but it's definitely an annoyance.

The 8GB internal memory is a bonus. The extra sensors is amazing. 4K records at a higher bitrate than the MP. To me, the answer is obvious. Get the Mavic Air.

P.S. The red doesn't go faster - he's joking. haha

Now, having no skin in this flying circus just yet.... I'll arbitrate this conspiracy theory of faster shades of Chinese aerial technology. While this is a controversial subject and not without it's dangers due to color madness by MA owners currently involved in flights of fancy the fact is and always has been set in stone by most Highway Patrol agencies across Merica. If it's black its's formal. White is for summer play and red is just gonna get you 3-6 points on your license cause we all know red is faster by 4.5% minimum. The FAA is trained to watch for Red MA's, Santa uses a red MA and well... you get the picture.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pleopard