DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Feeding Wild Dolphins Monkey Mia Australia

adventurecampitelli

Reactions
Have you even been to Australia? It has some of the most beautiful beaches in the World. We we fortunate to go there and feed wild dolphins. Pretty cool experience. Only down side was the wind was gusting between 40 and 70 km hour. I flew my Mavic Pro and it tested the drone for sure. It could fly in those winds but the wind actually damaged the gimbal. Who knew that could happen. I had to replace the whole camera assembly while in Australia.

Brisbane Queensland here.

Ya over wrong side of Australia .. Lots more to see Eastcoast....

Reactions: adventurecampitelli
Depends what you want to see. The West Coast is amazing if you want to get off the beaten track. If you want to hang with the other tourists, then east coast is easier

Brisbane Queensland here.

Ya over wrong side of Australia .. Lots more to see Eastcoast....
:) Love all of Australia. We been to the East Coast too. Will have to go to Brisbane for sure. You live it a beautiful country.

:) Love all of Australia. We been to the East Coast too. Will have to go to Brisbane for sure. You live it a beautiful country.
thanks. We really do. Ive travelled all over during my days in the military (not the best locations in the world) and now as an educator, and i really believe we live in a blessed country. I think there are to many though that take it for granted and are always willing to find the faults and cause dissent.

Arriving in Perth this Nov25th for 2 weeks. Looking at all the places to visit is challenging, alot to choose. I was watching one of your older Australian videos and remember you saying its really warm in late Nov, so I will have to take my shorts for sure.

Depends what you want to see. The West Coast is amazing if you want to get off the beaten track. If you want to hang with the other tourists, then east coast is easier
Live and retired in Perth and there are plenty of amazing places in WA. Huge expanses of bush and beach. Forests down south as well.

Also lived in North Queensland for many years, both on the coast and out west. Again many amazing places,

No where is best, love it all.

Reactions: Simmo
Been to both sides and both are amazing. For us the East is harder to get to from Canada, but since we were in Thailand it was an easy flight.

Arriving in Perth this Nov25th for 2 weeks. Looking at all the places to visit is challenging, alot to choose. I was watching one of your older Australian videos and remember you saying its really warm in late Nov, so I will have to take my shorts for sure.
Wow you are so lucky. Perth and Western Australia is beautiful. Yes very hot and windy. The flys can be annoying, no bug spray works for them only netting.

I Just saw your "Hot Tub In The Middle Of The Desert Australia" clip & never thought about sun screen. 2 weeks until I leave, so I am getting nervous. Ordered a Mavic mini, so will probably take that instead of the Mavic Air. Will also take a Hero 8, and 2015 & 2017 Gear360. Will leave my DJI Osmo Mobile 2 handheld behind, as the Hero 8's stabilization is phenomenal. I mounted the hero 8 on a Potensic (Like bugs 3 pro) and no shakes, its a bit large for travel though. The horizon shifts when going fast, so ordered a 2-axis gimbal for $40 on ebay.

Last edited:
Wow you are so lucky. Perth and Western Australia is beautiful. Yes very hot and windy. The flys can be annoying, no bug spray works for them only netting.
Fly’s can be a nuisance but this stuff works a treat for keeping mozzies and sand flys off you. Leaches don’t seem to like the taste of it either. C61B1087-B8BE-44CB-A20C-10AB7B2DB342.jpeg

I Just saw your "Hot Tub In The Middle Of The Desert Australia" clip & never thought about sun screen. 2 weeks until I leave, so I am getting nervous. Ordered a Mavic mini, so will probably take that instead of the Mavic Air. Will also take a Hero 8, and 2015 & 2017 Gear360. Will leave my DJI Osmo Mobile 2 handheld behind, as the Hero 8's stabilization is phenomenal. I mounted the hero 8 on a Potensic (Like bugs 3 pro) and no shakes, its a bit large for travel though. The horizon shifts when going fast, so ordered a 2-axis gimbal for $40 on ebay.
cool. The Mavic mini may blow away with the winds there. I think it can only had 13km an hour and the wind was up around 50 - 70 km per hour. broke my gimbal on my mavic pro and I almost lost it twice with the wind blowing it away. I had to drop it down to about 15 feet above ground to bring it back. I want to get a hero 8, we have a hero 5 which is not that good anymore. Hope you have a great time there.

Works great! Thank you!

Attachments

• 15756009352898016869671433794515.jpg
    15756009352898016869671433794515.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 4
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members