DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Feelworld monitor

nice
I have my big base station for when im sitting in the back of the uteEFC5F4E7-052A-4891-AFB0-C86C70DEC17E.jpeg

Reactions: GadgetGuy
ok...as somebody still using the Mini2 with the Tripltek 8, and maybe, thinking about the Mini3 or Air2s, I wonder:

I thought the RC pro was supposed to be great. But people are adding a monitor? Is the RC Pro Screen to dark or too small...or both?
Yes, the monitor is twice as bright as the RC-Pro, but for me, the biggest benefit is being able to have an unobstructed view from the camera (via the monitor) while the drone flying data is displayed on the RC-Pro.

Yes, the monitor is twice as bright as the RC-Pro, but for me, the biggest benefit is being able to have an unobstructed view from the camera (via the monitor) while the drone flying data is displayed on the RC-Pro.
ok...that makes sense, especially if you're an experienced flyer

I was thinking that the monitor would simply cast the RC screen. But it can directly cast the drone feed?

ok...that makes sense, especially if you're an experienced flyer

I was thinking that the monitor would simply cast the RC screen. But it can directly cast the drone feed?
The Fly app setting on the RC Pro for the mini HDMI output allows selecting screen mirroring, the default, or just the clean FPV screen, without any overlaid telemetry and app interference. Most want the latter.

The Fly app setting on the RC Pro for the mini HDMI output allows selecting screen mirroring, the default, or just the clean FPV screen, without any overlaid telemetry and app interference. Most want the latter.
interesting...I can see the utility

problem is I have enough trouble focusing on all the data on my fly app screen without having a 2nd screen to monitor and distract me. I suppose in Cine mode things would happen at a pace I could divide attention. Definitely not in sport mode

I can see the usefulness for the photographers

interesting...I can see the utility

problem is I have enough trouble focusing on all the data on my fly app screen without having a 2nd screen to monitor and distract me. I suppose in Cine mode things would happen at a pace I could divide attention. Definitely not in sport mode

I can see the usefulness for the photographers
Even in Sports Mode, having a clean second screen for full frame view is an asset, not a distraction. The iOS GO 4 app allowed a simple swipe up to clear all the telemetry for a clean screen. Can't do that on the RC Pro. It brings up another operating system screen.

for you guys using the hdmi cable that came with the monitor, are you having issues?
I have the one that was included and an extra that i purchased (didnt realise one was included)0
Both of these have been intermittent and kept disconnecting if i bumped in any way.
I replaced with a good quality, normal straight hdmi cable this morning and had no issues at all

Spent an hour or so in the sun this morning and this monitor is fantastic. I did get pretty hot, but didnt skip a beat

for you guys using the hdmi cable that came with the monitor, are you having issues?
I have the one that was included and an extra that i purchased (didnt realise one was included)0
Both of these have been intermittent and kept disconnecting if i bumped in any way.
I replaced with a good quality, normal straight hdmi cable this morning and had no issues at all

Spent an hour or so in the sun this morning and this monitor is fantastic. I did get pretty hot, but didnt skip a beat
Glad that a good quality, properly fitting HDMI cable is all that is needed for reliability! At least it isn't the monitor itself!

I can't answer the question for the 10" (I sent it back) but I have never had that issue with the two cables I use for the 7". I use the one from LifThor for the RC-Pro and a different cable for my DSLR.

I can't answer the question for the 10" (I sent it back) but I have never had that issue with the two cables I use for the 7". I use the one from LifThor for the RC-Pro and a different cable for my DSLR.
What was your reason for sending it back?

What was your reason for sending it back?
The lack of a speaker. I'll keep using the 7" until they produce a 10" w/speaker. Decided to send it back rather than use @Parkerjh's workaround.

more flying today and suddenly started getting intermittent connection issues again. I fiddled around with the cable and connections and couldnt work it out One minute all is good then it would start playing up again
I finally found the cause.
It is a design fault with the lifthor bracket. When the left hand antenna is up and is very close, or touchig the hdmi pllug, it must interfere with the hdmi signal. I soon as i pushed the antenna down, screen would be fie. Put it back up near the lead and problems again. I was able to reproduce this everytime and confident this is the issue.
I will need to adjust the mount so that the hdmi and antenna are not close.5A528330-35E3-4848-B316-BA10C61FC707.jpeg26C21EEC-8FEB-4BA0-BCEC-A5242B8D1C40.jpeg

Last edited:
more flying today and suddenly started getting intermittent connection issues again. I fiddled around with the cable and connections and couldnt work it out One minute all is good then it would start playing up again
I finally found the cause.
It is a design fault with the lifthor bracket. When the left hand antenna is up and is very close, or touchig the hdmi pllug, it must interfere with the hdmi signal. I soon as i pushed the antenna down, screen would be fie. Put it back up near the lead and problems again. I was able to reproduce this everytime and confident this is the issue.
I will need to adjust the mount so that the hdmi and antenna are not close.View attachment 151960View attachment 151961
Thanks for troubleshooting this issue! Not a big fan of the LifThor mount anyway, as I can't put the antennas fully upright for best signal while using it. The fact that it also puts the FeelWorld HDMI cable so close to the antennas, causing intermittent disconnects is also worrisome. All that extra LifThor mount weight isn't helping any either.

I still think the best use of the 10.1” FeelWorld is on a tripod next to the pilot, where the weight won't matter, and the RC Pro antennas are free to be positioned any way you like. That setup a great addition, where that is possible, but where it isn't, having the unencumbered RC Pro is certainly good enough for me, and has been all along.

The lack of a speaker. I'll keep using the 7" until they produce a 10" w/speaker. Decided to send it back rather than use @Parkerjh's workaround.
I bought the workaround speaker, as the sound is primarily only to confirm the HP setting, and add shutter sounds to photos. One can also just plug in the mini HDMI cable after the HP has been set. I already muffled the noisy transducer inside anyway, and I like the option of total silence by pulling the workaround speaker out of the FeelWorld monitor, or just turning the RC Pro volume down to zero and confirming "Yes, silence the annoying heart attack beeping, too!"

I bought the workaround speaker, as the sound is primarily only to confirm the HP setting, and add shutter sounds to photos. One can also just plug in the mini HDMI cable after the HP has been set. I already muffled the noisy transducer inside anyway, and I like the option of total silence by pulling the workaround speaker out of the FeelWorld monitor, or just turning the RC Pro volume down to zero and confirming "Yes, silence the annoying heart attack beeping, too!"
If those were the only sounds I was missing, no big deal. What does affect me is not having the OA warning sounds. Visually concentrating on the "clean" screen, I count on the audible OA warnings while flying. I bought the mini speaker to add to the monitor, but it's just another piece to charge, carry, and add to the flight control setup. Just a matter of preference.
I enjoy using the 7" model and will continue to use it and save the $349 for now.

If those were the only sounds I was missing, no big deal. What does affect me is not having the OA warning sounds. Visually concentrating on the "clean" screen, I count on the audible OA warnings while flying. I bought the mini speaker to add to the monitor, but it's just another piece to charge, carry, and add to the flight control setup. Just a matter of preference.
I enjoy using the 7" model and will continue to use it and save the $349 for now.
Thanks for clarifying. Makes sense. I always fly with OA off, so I never realized what additional sounds it also makes. I thought it just silently stopped in front of or flew around the avoided object, which one would then see on the clean FPV. If you are only watching the clean screen, I could see how you want the audible OA warnings that accompany the notices on the RC Pro screen that you aren't watching.

Thanks for clarifying. Makes sense. I always fly with OA off, so I never realized what additional sounds it also makes. I thought it just silently stopped in front of or flew around the avoided object, which one would then see on the clean FPV. If you are only watching the clean screen, I could see how you want the audible OA warnings that accompany the notices on the RC Pro screen that you aren't watching.
Yeah, the warning, which increases with intensity as you get nearer an object, is an additional safety measure for a guy constantly moving his eyes from one screen to another, while trying to maintain VLOS.

How long does the battery on the back last?
I can get two 25-minute flights from a single battery on the FW279 monitor. Just added the LUT7 version 7" monitor which has twin battery slots. Have not used it with two batteries yet, expect to get 3 or 4 flights from them. That's at full brightness setting.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeaconB