DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Fell out of sky

Has this or something similar happened to you?

• Total voters

Bohicah

Reactions
I had been flying my mp1 from this location on and off for two days. Multiple landings and take offs. Most landings in RTH mode with no issues. This last time it hovered over home location, announced landing then just dead dropped. Good news? It landed at home point, b20180916_092814.jpg 20180916_092823.jpg ad news? Smashed the camera and it looks like some internal gimbal and possibly other brackets broke inside. Surprisingly, the aluminum anti vibration board i replaced seemed to hold out though.

I've never had the drone act up or drop out of the sky until now. Anyone else experience this? Possible reasons?

I have video of it hitting the ground but don't allow format to be uploaded, if i figure it out I'll upload.

Reactions: JDawg
Your Mavic might not be as bad as it looks. The lens is cheap to replace, have you tried starting it after the crash?

Found out, the protection plate/ gimbal guard was the cause. Apparently this has happened quite a few times having this product installed. It messed with the landing sensors causing it to crash. The gimbal arm is bent and it won't turn on either so probably flex cable tore. Looks like vibration board/ gimbal housing unit is also damaged. It dropped from around 200 ft.

Wow that looks rough..and I can’t believe those cool guards caused the problem. Ugh. Makes me NOT want to add or customize anything at all on my MP. Oh well...hope u get it fixed soon.

Ive heard in a crash, they cause more damage than without it, who knows??

Found out, the protection plate/ gimbal guard was the cause. Apparently this has happened quite a few times having this product installed. It messed with the landing sensors causing it to crash. The gimbal arm is bent and it won't turn on either so probably flex cable tore. Looks like vibration board/ gimbal housing unit is also damaged. It dropped from around 200 ft.
That is bizarre! So the item that was supposed to prevent damage in a crash actually caused the crash but did little to prevent damage.
I was considering adding that exact item to mine but will forego it now.
Sorry about your MP. Hope the repair isn't too costly.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
testtest