DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

File Size of 1 min flight in 4k

bogieman456

Reactions
Looking ahead to buying my Mavic 2 Pro..what is the typical file size of a 1 min flight shot in 4k? Any advice on preparing my computer for uploading these files? Thanks! (I have an iMac about 4 years old running latest Mojave OS)

Reactions: dirkclod
Welcome to the forum bogie.
Try typing in your title in our search... Screen Shot 2019-02-08 at 1.39.59 PM.pngtop right on page... and you will find many threads about file size .
I looked but couldn't find the exact file size fie one minute. As far as your iMac I use this one and have no issues whatever Screen Shot 2019-02-08 at 1.39.30 PM.png

Not to state the obvious but your iMac will not be able to display at 4K, but it should play the files just fine when converted to 1080p. I recently took my Mavic 2 Pro to a friends with an older iMac and I had to convert the files to play them without very bad stuttering problems. I used a few different players too. It just could not play the files at 4K well at all. Having said that it did play the downscaled ones perfectly and they looked great. We used a program called Handbrake to convert them on his iMac.

Edit: Its around a gig per minute (roughly)

Bsed on a lot of posts here and on other forums, I suggest that if you do have problems playing recorded video, you look at codec settings and choose the h.264 setting, over h.265 ... It looks like unless you got the brand-spankiest new PC for Christmas, you'll have problems playing anything recorded using the h.265 codec.

Not to state the obvious but your iMac will not be able to display at 4K, but it should play the files just fine when converted to 1080p. I recently took my Mavic 2 Pro to a friends with an older iMac and I had to convert the files to play them without very bad stuttering problems. I used a few different players too. It just could not play the files at 4K well at all. Having said that it did play the downscaled ones perfectly and they looked great. We used a program called Handbrake to convert them on his iMac.

Edit: Its around a gig per minute (roughly)
Not wanting to get a new Mac at this point but good to know thanks! As for data size, it sounds like I need to clean house and free up some space for those files. I'll want to shoot in 4k and get those for my archives..when 4k is more easily "viewable" they'll be there ready to go..thanks!

Reactions: Point Zero
Space is good, I have 2 5T externals which one is for time machine and other is where I keep my video / Picture files I do keep from my flying . Only issue I have is remembering which file I have what in :rolleyes:
Not a very good file keeper . :p

Reactions: Point Zero
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GillesdeColombes