DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Film Poets LUT - Drone Specific?

TerryToast

Reactions
Site
youtube.com
Does anyone know if the Film Poets LUTs are drone specific? I’m trying to decide between the below two options:

Mavic Air (1 LUT $14, Sierra $39)
  • designed for D-Cinelike & style settings 0,-3,-2
  • start with this and then finish your color grade with the Sierra LUT
Magic Zoom (8 LUTs $52)
  • designed for D-Cinelike and settings 0,-3,0
  • no additional grading needed
  • corrects the flat profile and color grades at once

I have tried to use LUT's, but to be honest I've done a better job in Adobe Premiere Pro manually.

I get the settings I like on one of the clips, and do the same to all the rest of the footage shot at that time and location. Then correct any slight mismatch by tweaking individual clips. If you are trying to create a specific mood, or effect then a LUT is a good idea. But for correcting the footage to be just natural looking, then you can get the feel of it and better results manually. IMHO, of course!!!!!

For example, the other day I took some footage of an old mill on a lovely day. Some of the shots were quick shots which on the Mavic 2 Zoom are in 1080 automatic exposure. The rest of it is in 4K D-Cinelike on manual exposure. So matching the two sets of video together was easier by eye. I could adjust both type of footage to get the best result.

I have tried to use LUT's, but to be honest I've done a better job in Adobe Premiere Pro manually.
Thanks. That is on option, but as a beginner I’d prefer to use LUTs with minor tweaking (if necessary)

Does anyone know the answer to my original question re Film Poets LUTs?

I just realised that MA2 cannot adjust Contrast to -3 anyway (as recommended by Film Poets).

Reactions: Greekislandlover
Thanks. That is on option, but as a beginner I’d prefer to use LUTs with minor tweaking (if necessary)

Does anyone know the answer to my original question re Film Poets LUTs?

I just realised that MA2 cannot adjust Contrast to -3 anyway (as recommended by Film Poets).

Hey Terry, I think we chatted over email, but for anyone that’s curious - yes, each lut is drone specific to match the sensor and profile.

They are easy to apply and if you’re unhappy it’s a quick refund.

Mavic Air 2 SkyGrades presets are coming soon.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Terry, I think we chatted over email, but for anyone that’s curious - yes, each lut is drone specific to match the sensor and profile.

They are easy to apply and if you’re unhappy it’s a quick refund.

Mavic Air 2 SkyGrades presets are coming soon.

www.thefilmpoets.com/edu
We did chat and thank you Matt. The SkyGrades LUTs that I bought from you a couple of days ago have been spectacular. Prior to buying them, I was about to give up on Cinelike.

A quick warning to others. I first tried out some other free Cinelike LUTs that got off the internet:
- Ground Control Titan
- Osmo Pocket
- DJI -3 saturation
- Noam Kroll
but the results were not good. No offence to the creators of these other LUTs, would not recommend them for the MA2.

Reactions: The Film Poets
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mini2+