DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Filming a building demolition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hayabusa

Reactions
This Tuesday morning they are imploding an old hospital right near my place. I understand I probably can’t be right near it but from my place or a park near buy but at least 1/4 mike away and maybe even more, I think I can still see it if I go up 300’ or so.
Would there be an issue with this as long as I’m a safe distance away?
Are there any rules on how close you could get?

This Tuesday morning they are imploding an old hospital right near my place. I understand I probably can’t be right near it but from my place or a park near buy but at least 1/4 mike away and maybe even more, I think I can still see it if I go up 300’ or so.
Would there be an issue with this as long as I’m a safe distance away?
Are there any rules on how close you could get?

I'll assume this is in the US and there are no rules specifically covering demolitions but you have to check that there are no Temporary flight restrictions in that area before you fly that day
Federal Aviation Administration - Graphic TFR's

Also there might be news helicopters about filming this too, so just extra vigilance.
Maybe an observer to assist with keeping an eye out, it’s hard to film nicely and be watching for other aircraft.

Please post up the video :)

Reactions: CJH92474
Any way to contact the demolition crew? They may give you special permission if you offer them a copy of your video.

No harm in asking.

Reactions: CJH92474
Ill try and get by today to see if there is anyone I could ask.

Anything you get, near of far, should be fun to watch.. be waiting to see it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rapidair