DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Filming Fireworks on the 4th?

For as valuable as the content is on this forum, I can't say I've been on a forum that's as negative regarding self-policing as this one.

Imagine if every post one put up showing off a new mod on a Corvette forum was met with,

"Way to go, now you've made your car faster. What's the point? The speed limit is 70. Now regulation will be tightened on speed limits nation wide if you go too fast."

The logic of some on this forum applied in the above context dictates that every car we buy should be capped at the speed limit, because clearly I'm not adult enough to determine my own usage parameters for my devices or excise responsibility. Clearly the situation doesn't exist where I'd want to use that vehicle off regulated roads where speed, emissions, etc. were irrelevant.

I worry as much about the novice flying their drone at altitudes in excess of guidelines, or situations that aren't deemed appropriate, as I do about the guy who passed me on the highway when I was already going 5 Mph over the limit. I've got no fear of that guy being made an example of, regulation changed, and being forced to drive slower during my next trip.

I haven't had time to edit my video yet, but I'll post it later if it turns out well. In the meantime, here's a frame grab from it:

View media item 962
I'll add stats on camera settings later, too. But I disagree with the comment that you only want the fireworks and not the background. Seeing the background gives important context to night photos and videos.
I utterly agree, background gives depth and substance to the picture, pitch black with the odd sparkle means nothing. Please post your settings when you can

Reactions: Mr. Salty
I haven't had time to edit my video yet, but I'll post it later if it turns out well. In the meantime, here's a frame grab from it:

View media item 962
I'll add stats on camera settings later, too. But I disagree with the comment that you only want the fireworks and not the background. Seeing the background gives important context to night photos and videos.
this is actually a wonderful shot i would've dropped the ISO to 400 it looks like you had it way to high way to much noise

Well the fireworks is a temporary NFZ and security gaurds are everywhere. I’m grounded. No filming for me. :(

Reactions: murad00
It might be different for you. But I’m not flying tonight, especially with security and police.

Aslong as you can see your drone visually with bright lights or something and your not in a no fly zone or restricted area you should be fine what area are you in? Check out AirMap app on your phone

I live in an area with two country clubs on either side of me. I plan to simply take the drone up straight over my house and see what I can get. We'll see...

Ok HELP! for video settings for fireworks. (Still very new) I cannot find settings to adjust the shutter setting. Please help with screen shots (.900 firmware and newest version of app)

Ok HELP! for video settings for fireworks. (Still very new) I cannot find settings to adjust the shutter setting. Please help with screen shots (.900 firmware and newest version of app)

Set the camera option to manual once you do that you'll see shutter

Reactions: Rbruz
I have camera on manual and set iso to 100, shutter to 50 there is a spider under that that I have not touched

Yeah that's all you need 100-200 ISO do not go more than 400 otherwise noise will kill you 24 FPS 4K -1 saturation and contrast +1 sharpness 1/50th shutter those are the settings I use your style may very

Yeah that's all you need 100-200 ISO do not go more than 400 otherwise noise will kill you 24 FPS 4K -1 saturation and contrast +1 sharpness 1/50th shutter those are the settings I use your style may very
What about the bottom slider? And does manual camera adjust video? What white balance?
1499220189130.png

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
InspectorTom