DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Filming Fireworks on the 4th?

this is actually a wonderful shot i would've dropped the ISO to 400 it looks like you had it way to high way to much noise
A little noise never hurt anyone. I prefer getting a little more ambient light on the ground rather than just fireworks in front of a black background. I can apply a noise filter when I have more time to fine-tune the photo.

| SkyPixel.com Shot Above Lutz, Florida Fireworks Display.

Did you see the ones over Stonegate (Land O Lakes) on Saturday? I only caught about 8 min of it, but it lasted a good 20-30 minutes. Never seen such an intense, non-stop display - especially for a private function.

I only found out about it after listening to it for 5 minutes - then launching the MP to investigate. I really thought the firework stand at Leonard Road and US41 had been set ablaze.

This is just raw, unedited video (other than trimmed at the front and back end). I had exposure set to +3.0.

Were the Lutz fireworks this evening? Wish I had known about them. Had to settle with my 2 and 4yo watching the random bottle rockets in the 'hood. Everything else listed on-line and on TV/print showed Wesley Chapel or NPR as the closest. Bummer.

Did you see the ones over Stonegate (Land O Lakes) on Saturday? I only caught about 8 min of it, but it lasted a good 20-30 minutes. Never seen such an intense, non-stop display - especially for a private function.

I only found out about it after listening to it for 5 minutes - then launching the MP to investigate. I really thought the firework stand at Leonard Road and US41 had been set ablaze.

This is just raw, unedited video (other than trimmed at the front and back end). I had exposure set to +3.0.

Were the Lutz fireworks this evening? Wish I had known about them. Had to settle with my 2 and 4yo watching the random bottle rockets in the 'hood. Everything else listed on-line and on TV/print showed Wesley Chapel or NPR as the closest. Bummer.

Nice job what were your settings !? And jeez +3 exposure

Chaval had a Display on Dale Mabry north of Van Dyke Rd. tonight. I got some good video. Will post it tomorrow.

Nice job what were your settings !? And jeez +3 exposure

I left everything in full auto, and just turned the right wheel all the way up. Actually, that was my second attempt to capture that show. The first flight I made it all the way there, and realized I'd left my ND16 on the camera. So I flew back, popped it of, and returned to capture the video above. I did record the SRT - and it shows this:

upload_2017-7-5_0-4-30.png

But then during some of the brighter scenes:

upload_2017-7-5_0-6-29.png

So obviously my manual +3 got overridden by the more intense bursts.

Reactions: murad00

I like that you can see a low battery phantom coming down through your shot at 2:35.

Here's a clip...Not in the thick of it but still kinda cool. Showing just how many fireworks were being shot off in the burbs of Atlanta...

I like that you can see a low battery phantom coming down through your shot at 2:35.
Very cool. I didn't notice that until you pointed it out. That was actually the reason I didn't get any closer. I was already filming BLOS, and had no way of knowing if I was getting too close to another bird. I was at the 400' max height and was banking on others flying lower.

Thank you all for the help tonight.
Pictures look good and I will pay on YouTube tomorrow.
1 problem about 22 minutes into the flight the gimble seemed to go all tilted and like it was out of control. This was the first extended night flying I have done. I was straight up at 250' AGL and had no errors on screen. Control was fine for landing. Any ideas?

I didn't want to chance losing the bird in the sky when time to land, so I went retro with a DSLR and continuous drive. This is a stack of nine. 9Stacksm.jpg

I flew my Mavic during some local neighborhood fireworks, which are pretty impressive. On AUTO the Mavic was at 3200 ISO and 30 FPS. I manually put it to 400 ISO and 60 FPS and it was so dark the you couldn't see much other than the initial burst of the fireworks, all ground and neighborhood lights were pitch black. So, I went back to AUTO mode and other than noise it looked much better.

Anyone filming fireworks on the 4th please post your video here.
Let see who got the best footage.
For those "professional night flyers" give us a tip on camera settings!

Short video of the Lutz, Florida Fireworks display. Shot 4k on Manuel White balance set to Daylight ISO 1600.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Electrakill21