DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Filming when skiing alone.

signis

Reactions
So, when I want to film myself skiing I put the mavic in follow mode which works fine. But where do I put the remote? If it's in the backpack the buttons and sticks will move and destroy the footage. Is there any way to lock the remote with buttons/sticks while doing the decent and reactivate when the descent is done?

Reactions: marty`s
The sticks cannot be locked in DJI GO. You could use a stick guard like this one.

71N-+aGxHxL._SL1200_.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Mossiback
So, when I want to film myself skiing I put the mavic in follow mode which works fine. But where do I put the remote? If it's in the backpack the buttons and sticks will move and destroy the footage. Is there any way to lock the remote with buttons/sticks while doing the decent and reactivate when the descent is done?
Hi, new to the forum, so apologies for late joining, but how did you get on with the descent element of your skiing. Doesn't the mp just keep the same height above sea level while you are loosing actual height.

Just locking the sticks with a stick guard isn’t enough for anything I would do, so I got the smallest Nanuk case (404) I could cram everything into (iPhone 8+) and cut the foam to have the antenna’s delployed while using it.

I also use Autopilot follow mode rather than any of the DJI intelligent flight modes. I can shut the forward sensors off and get higher follow speeds when needed. I’ve just tested it with the bike and paddle board so far. I play at level elevation so I don’t have to rely on the relative barometer readings that Autopilot uses for altitude adjustment so I can’t speak to that

Reactions: fannylim
Just locking the sticks with a stick guard isn’t enough for anything I would do, so I got the smallest Nanuk case (404) I could cram everything into (iPhone 8+) and cut the foam to have the antenna’s delployed while using it.

I also use Autopilot follow mode rather than any of the DJI intelligent flight modes. I can shut the forward sensors off and get higher follow speeds when needed. I’ve just tested it with the bike and paddle board so far. I play at level elevation so I don’t have to rely on the relative barometer readings that Autopilot uses for altitude adjustment so I can’t speak to that

This is awesome。trying to figure how to do it.... any tutorials?

This is awesome。trying to figure how to do it.... any tutorials?
As far as Autopilot goes, there are several video tutorials including follow mode function that will get you going. The part about putting the controller/phone in a small waterproof case is just my own little solution for making Follow mode work while riding/paddling with the controller reasonably well protected and my hands free to do other things. I don’t have any pics of the setup at the moment but I’ll try a grab a few and post them.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Poppy52