DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Filters

What are you planning on doing with them?

Watch these videos. They'll help you decide which type of filters you need:

I'm scared to use filters. I've heard crazy stories about having to manhandle the gimble or too much weight on the motor or whatever... I would love to buy another accessory (lol) but I'm concerned about mortgaging away the durability of my Mavic Pro.

I'm scared to use filters. I've heard crazy stories about having to manhandle the gimble or too much weight on the motor or whatever... I would love to buy another accessory (lol) but I'm concerned about mortgaging away the durability of my Mavic Pro.
In the early days there were problems with filters fitting and interfering with the gimbal but now if you stick to name brand filters you shouldn't have any problems. I fly with filters on more than off because they are essential for smooth video on the MP. I do use my gimbal clamp and have my MP turned off when changing filters to eliminate gimbal overload and possible damage.

Hey Folks, Just bought a set of PGY Tech filters. They are ND/PL type... I will let you all know how they are after using them for a period of time...

I used PolarPro, TacoRC, and Freewell FILTERS for my Mavic Pro! I do a lot of projects that are located on the beach so I tend to get a lot of glare, so for this picture I used a PolarPro ND8/PL filter and it came out pretty nice!

videoblocks-aerial-drone-shot-clearwater-beach-fl-4-k-24-p_hznl2vlbf_thumbnail-full01.png

Attachments

• videoblocks-aerial-drone-shot-clearwater-beach-fl-4-k-24-p_hznl2vlbf_thumbnail-full01.png
    videoblocks-aerial-drone-shot-clearwater-beach-fl-4-k-24-p_hznl2vlbf_thumbnail-full01.png
    3.5 MB · Views: 32
Reactions: AussieDrone
That looks good !

I am planning to do a project in a few weeks, hopefully I can use various filters and see how they perform under various conditions.

Reactions: FLPilotshark
After all the prep and flying 1000 kms, it was overcast when I got to my destination.. I only managed to fly less than 15 mins.. couldn't use the filters.. so I have to wait..

On a separate note, I am happy with the quality of the PGYTEC filters..

Do the PolarPro filters allow the ‘setting’ for the polarisation to be at ‘zero’?

What I mean by that is as you fly around the effect changes and therefore the sky colour and water colour would also differ.... if I used the NDpL filter, can I turn the pL right to a position that it is ineffective?

Do the PolarPro filters allow the ‘setting’ for the polarisation to be at ‘zero’?

What I mean by that is as you fly around the effect changes and therefore the sky colour and water colour would also differ.... if I used the NDpL filter, can I turn the pL right to a position that it is ineffective?
Unfortunately, I do not believe so. When I change the camera angle relative to the sun it seems the most consistent imaging requires landing and readjusting the polarized filter orientation. I have PolarPro ND and NDPl 4, 8, 16, and 32. Unless I am trying to see into clear water for bottom detail, like a coral reef, I stay with plan ND. As an aside, 8 and 16 are my most commonly used.

Reactions: CNYdronepilot
I want to find ND 8 16 32 & 64

Cannot seem to get that combination as a set from Polar Pro who I wanted to go with..... they do offer custom make up of sets but seems only to be available in USA with a huge shipping charge

Any ideas on other sources or other makes that offer this combo?

I often use a ND8 PL during daylight. If I plan my direction I can pre-set how much effect the filter applies. I prefer to get as much out of the filter as possible (when I'm after that) and have placed a mark on the filter relative to the suns angle and fly in that direction. I understand you can get some better results with post processing but I do like how a PL filter can knock out glare off the water and show better clouds/sky contrast.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
emilybrown24