DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Final Video file retrieval / repair after crash

DronePhotosNZ

Reactions
Hi all,
Over the last few months of reading the various threads on this site, my understanding of drones in general has increased tenfold and the knowledge of the members is astounding so I'm hoping someone can help me with the following issue :-
Today, after 77hrs and 558kms of flying my MA2, I had my second major crash. All my fault and I know what happened so I don't need any log reading etc
However, I was videoing during the flight and after the crash, without thinking, on retrieving the drone, I immediately removed the battery :-(
I had been videoing a farmer harvesting and was doing lazy manual orbits around his machine and hadn't realised he had gotten close to the boundary and I managed to fly sideways into a willow tree at about 13m off the ground, at which point the drone fell onto the road below breaking off a rear leg and the camera
I have refresh so will see how that pans out
But the last video ( including the crash ) has saved as what looks like an uncorrupted 1.31Gb MP4 file but it seems to be unreadable
I wonder if this was because it wasn't 'ended' correctly by pressing stop before I removed the battery ?
Do any of you video pro's know if this video file is salvageable ?

Try to put back the SD card in the MA2, power on & start filming & stop it ... power down, pull the SD & see if the file now is "closed" as it should & can be read.

Try to put back the SD card in the MA2, power on & start filming & stop it ... power down, pull the SD & see if the file now is "closed" as it should & can be read.
Thanks Slup,
Great idea, EXCEPT, I stupidly didn't realise there would be an issue, took the card out, downloaded videos and photos to the PC before formatting card, just as I would normally do with my regular SLR cameras I use for work
I was then viewing the video files when I discovered that the last file won't play :) HOWEVER, I do take what you said into account and in future, will be sure to do this first :)
Sadly stupidity ( mine ) is often the killer of great ideas.....

Also the crash ripped off the camera / gimbal so not sure if it would allow filming ?

I seem to remember there is a repair facility in the VLC player, if correct I do not know how good it is.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaxRichu