DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Finally, I figured out why one of my three batteries is awesome and the other two are not

• Thread starter Deleted member 94047
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 94047

A while back, I posted what I thought was the reason for the performance discrepancy between my three MA batteries.
I speculated that exposure to cold temperature at the time of delivery may be the reason that one of my batteries is top notch and the other two are not. It was pointed out to me by other members that this is unlikely to be the case and that the reason for the discrepancy is most likely the manufacturer since DJI has multiple suppliers for batteries. Well, that seems to be exactly the reason in my case as two of my sub-optimal batteries are manufactured by the same company which is referenced in the log as "manu:UNWODA,dev_name:J23O". The one excellent battery I have is made by another company which the log refers to as referred in the log as "manu:TL NVT,dev_name:JI02". JI02, whoever you are, thank you for making such a great battery! As for J23O, I wouldn't be buying anymore of your batteries if I knew your real name.

I wonder if this correlates with the swelling issue. There are less incidents reported than with M2, but does seem to be above average.

in which log ?
DAT file interpreted with the help of DatCon; set "recording start" as the start point for analysis. All this time, I have left that option at "motor start" and didn't know the DAT file contains entries from the moment the AC is powered on.

I have use it it on spark , one year ago i have tried on Air without success (logs encrypted) , I will try again

Can someone provide the step-by-step to ascertain this info? I'm very interested in this

Can someone provide the step-by-step to ascertain this info? I'm very interested in this
Not sure what you are asking for. You can easily find out the manufacturer code of your battery/batteries by running the DAT file from your flights in DatCon. You can download DatCon here CsvView/DatCon and you will find instructions there.

Not sure what you are asking for. You can easily find out the manufacturer code of your battery/batteries by running the DAT file from your flights in DatCon. You can download DatCon here CsvView/DatCon and you will find instructions there.

I was able to open a txt and DAT file from DJI app but I cannot find anything that looks like the battery info strings in original post. Where do I find it?

I was able to open a txt and DAT file from DJI app but I cannot find anything that looks like the battery info strings in original post. Where do I find it?
Load the DAT file on to DatCon. Once the file is loaded, choose "Recording Start" as the lower threshold instead of "Motor Start". Go to the Log Files section and choose Event Log file. After that click "Go". Once DatCon is done with the conversion, you can click on the "View It" link and it will open up the event log as a text file. dacon.png

Thank you! That was very helpful! One of the batteries is showing JI02 for me. I'll check the other ones.
How old is the battery and how is it holding up? Also, since you have started it, check your other batteries as well and let us know if they are from a different manufacturer. And if so, how do they compare performance wise?

The manufacturer is also printed on the back of the battery
Yes it is. But in some batteries (in my case in all three batteries) it is written in Chinese. Now running a DAT file through DatCon is easier than learning to read Chinese, no? But then again, there is Google translate .... May be that is the easiest way. Not the first time the bleeding obvious escapes me completely.

Any other differences? Can you determine the manufacturer?
manu:TL NVT.dev_name:JI02
Dongguan Amperex Technology
33269341409ea751a110c9cb2c3115a6.jpg

Last edited:
How old is the battery and how is it holding up? Also, since you have started it, check your other batteries as well and let us know if they are from a different manufacturer. And if so, how do they compare performance wise?

Sorry for the late reply. Didn't have time to do load up the air and check the batteries one by one.

I have four batteries and these are the info:

Batt"manu""dev_name"Date of purchaseCYCLERelative Bulge?
0UNWODAJI02Q4 201814None
1TL NVTJI02Combo Q2 201857Biggest
2TL NVTJI02Combo Q2 201840Next biggest
3TL NVTJI02Combo Q2 201844Big

Sorry for the late reply. Didn't have time to do load up the air and check the batteries one by one.

I have four batteries and these are the info:

Batt"manu""dev_name"Date of purchaseCYCLERelative Bulge?
0UNWODAJI02Q4 201814None
1TL NVTJI02Combo Q2 201857Biggest
2TL NVTJI02Combo Q2 201840Next biggest
3TL NVTJI02Combo Q2 201844Big

It would appear that the Q2 2018 Air batteries are the problem. The 2018.07 and 2018.08 Production Dates of M2 batteries are also prone to swelling. Any batteries produced after that seem to be fine.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jordy