DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Financing

lrodrg11

Reactions
Hello, I am looking to purchase a Mavic Air 2 with monthly payments. The only issue is that basically every site I’ve seen only offers Affirm which you have to be 18 for. I will be 18 in two months but I’m trying to find a way to get it sooner. Finance system like AfterPay or Klarna would work perfectly for me.

Hello, I am looking to purchase a Mavic Air 2 with monthly payments. The only issue is that basically every site I’ve seen only offers Affirm which you have to be 18 for. I will be 18 in two months but I’m trying to find a way to get it sooner. Finance system like AfterPay or Klarna would work perfectly for me.
How about the bank of Mom and Dad? ?

How's your credit? Just turning 18 doesn't mean you'll be able to get monthly payments. You will need an excellent credit history to get low or no interest monthly payments. No credit history and you will be denied for any credit.

Reactions: itsneedtokno
The
I tried with Affirm using my moms information and it said they couldn’t verify her identity. Had to submit drivers license pictures and her next to it but they still couldn’t verify it for some reason.
The Bank of Mom and Dad does not mean using identity fraud to impersonate your mother! ?

It means asking your parents for a loan, and agreeing to pay them back in monthly payments! If they say no, save up the same monthly payments, until you can afford to pay for it yourself.

Reactions: cmurr
There a million (literally) better things to spend $1000 on at 18 years old.

How's your car? Your apartment? Your dog's food? Your cell phone bill? Your tummy, is it full? Is your hair cut? Do you have a nice wardrobe for job hunting?

Trust me (read: all of us)... I know that having a drone would make you the "cool guy" to all your buddies, but when you crash guess who won't be there to help you.

You're going to want insurance and skins and sd cards....

It's just not that simple

Reactions: Romulus Archibald
There a million (literally) better things to spend $1000 on at 18 years old.

How's your car? Your apartment? Your dog's food? Your cell phone bill? Your tummy, is it full? Is your hair cut? Do you have a nice wardrobe for job hunting?

Trust me (read: all of us)... I know that having a drone would make you the "cool guy" to all your buddies, but when you crash guess who won't be there to help you.

You're going to want insurance and skins and sd cards....

It's just not that simple
I understand what your saying but I don’t pay for All of those things mentioned. I just buy the expensive things I want. Such as a motorcycle which I have gotten, mountain bike, pc, and a photography camera.

I understand what your saying but I don’t pay for All of those things mentioned. I just buy the expensive things I want. Such as a motorcycle which I have gotten, mountain bike, pc, and a photography camera.
Do you have any savings? Do you plan to move out at any point in the future?

A motorcycle is another thing you DON'T need. Speaking from experience, when things go bad... It f****n hurts, it might not have been your fault, and it happens insanely fast. I still have nerve damage from an accident at 40 mph. Do yourself a favor and sell that ****.

Oh, I also had a really good friend who died on a motorcycle (on his way to propose to his girlfriend).

My dad almost died on a bike.

Sell it... Or don't...your call. Just my opinion.

Do you have the newest iPhone, Smartwatch, laptop, 70" 4k TV, PS4... These are things an 18yo with no bills should be buying

Last edited:
Do you have any savings? Do you plan to move out at any point in the future?

A motorcycle is another thing you DON'T need. Speaking from experience, when things go bad... It f****n hurts, it might not have been your fault, and it happens insanely fast. I still have nerve damage from an accident at 40 mph. Do yourself a favor and sell that ****.

Oh, I also had a really good friend who died on a motorcycle (on his way to propose to his girlfriend).

My dad almost died on a bike.

Sell it... Or don't...your call. Just my opinion.

Do you have the newest iPhone, Smartwatch, laptop, 70" 4k TV, PS4... These are things an 18yo with no bills should be buying
I have a iPhone XS Max, getting 12 as soon as it comes out, Apple Watch series 5, MacBook Pro, pc, ps4, Xbox one, iPad Pro. I’ve worked for the things I have. As for motorcycle no I am not selling it. It is something I really enjoy doing, plan on buying another one in the future. If you are curious to know it’s a Honda Grom, just a fun little bike for riding around town, top speed is 60-65 and looking to get an MT-07 once I’m 18 and have established good enough credit.

Guess I don’t really understand. If you’ve already worked for all those things, why not work and save for a few months to get a drone. Google Dave Ramsey.

Reactions: dawgpilot
Just please follow the laws.

I'm good with your rebuttal for everything else, just don't be another statistic man. Do it right. Let's keep this hobby alive!
Of course I do, I know I’m only 17 and I’ve had my license for almost 2 years and I’ve only been stopped by police once which was for a faulty license plate light which was fixed the next day. Like I said, 2 years of driving with no tickets/written warnings should be achievable by many but often times is not with teen drivers.

Reactions: itsneedtokno
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Whitehammer661