DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Firefighter Drones

They have to be crazy powerful to not only lift a hose full of water but also to fight the spray. Anyone who has used a good pressure washer knows what I mean.

So, a pint of water weighs a pound. I don't know how many pints are in one of those hoses, but it's a lot. The drones have to be on steroids.

Having watched a few times I see now- they are not spraying water at high pressure- they are spraying fire retardant at low pressure. I don't see it though By the time you get the drones set up to go you will need a bulldozer to clear the burnt building.

Reactions: mavic3usa
Having watched a few times I see now- they are not spraying water at high pressure- they are spraying fire retardant at low pressure. I don't see it though By the time you get the drones set up to go you will need a bulldozer to clear the burnt building.
Which is probably why no one is actually using this. Just another dream when it comes to drones, just like this from 2017:

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Cafguy
Has anyone seen this before? I haven't.

Firefighter Drone (video) - ItemFix
I'm a volunteer firefighter, and when you're in full gear with oxygen masks, you have difficulty understanding the radio. You need to worry about your oxygen level, you can't see in the dark, etc. The French already used a robot to fight the Notre Dame fire, and I hope that soon most of the work will be robotized because it's just that much more efficient

Reactions: 3rdof5
Has anyone seen this before? I haven't.
This video is from South Korea and they are also using/practicing/developing drones to evacuate people from high rise buildings.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pocki