DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Firehouse Arc V Pro and Micro Pro

blackbirdsr72

Reactions
I have had two Arc Vs for about two years now. Recently Firehouse introduced two new models as mentioned in the title. Has anyone tried either or both of them? I am thinking of replacing my Arc Vs with these two new models but there is no useful review on either of these on YouTube. The only video from a channel named "Aeriel-Pixel" does not show any real use for either of the new models sadly.

Attachments

• Arc V Pro.png
    Arc V Pro.png
    2.3 MB · Views: 28
  • micro pro.png
    micro pro.png
    475 KB · Views: 30
Reactions: RangerEd
I have the Arc V (not Pro) and the new Micro Pro but I have not tested them side by side or done any sort of comparison. They are semi-installed on different drones so different use cases. With Firehouse, I see two things: Their naming conventions and feature set across their strobes are different to understand technically and with the different colors and lumens, etc. it's confusing to teh point you don't know 100% what you'll get. So, I have decided the Arc V are plenty bright and any incremental gains from anything newer isn't worth it....until they come out with something revolutions or extraordinary.

I have the Arc V (not Pro) and the new Micro Pro but I have not tested them side by side or done any sort of comparison. They are semi-installed on different drones so different use cases. With Firehouse, I see two things: Their naming conventions and feature set across their strobes are different to understand technically and with the different colors and lumens, etc. it's confusing to teh point you don't know 100% what you'll get. So, I have decided the Arc V are plenty bright and any incremental gains from anything newer isn't worth it....until they come out with something revolutions or extraordinary.
I hear you. I will try to stick to my trusty Arc Vs for now. On the other hand, Firehouse Tech's website has confusing information on their many model pages, mixed with confusing (old and new models together) images and YouTube links of one model's in another model's page.

Reactions: mavic3usa
I hear you. I will try to stick to my trusty Arc Vs for now. On the other hand, Firehouse Tech's website has confusing information on their many model pages, mixed with confusing (old and new models together) images and YouTube links of one model's in another model's page.
For sure, and combined with a few inconsistencies and a few photos that don't seem to match....they really need to clean up their product line. Never mind trying to figure out what 3rd party merchants are actually selling.

Reactions: blackbirdsr72
I've used Firehouse since they came on the scene. I probably have about 7 or 8 of their different strobes in my cases. I have not seen or used the Micro, but if it's from FHT, it's going to be good.

I'll jump on over to their site and buy one to see.

I looked on Amazon...no reviews ...but it is also listed as 1,000 lumens, and it has a Lost Drone feature...it gives a 90 decibel audio and a light alert, and a remote control to change lights up to 30 feet way...35 bucks from Husky Tech, whom I have found to be an outstanding vendor...I am trying to see if there is a 3 or 4 pack available ...but I am ordering at least one and will let you know how it goes
1703711654281.png

I looked on Amazon...no reviews ...but it is also listed as 1,000 lumens, and it has a Lost Drone feature...it gives a 90 decibel audio and a light alert, and a remote control to change lights up to 30 feet way...35 bucks from Husky Tech, whom I have found to be an outstanding vendor...I am trying to see if there is a 3 or 4 pack available ...but I am ordering at least one and will let you know how it goes
View attachment 171413
This does not look like the Arc V Pro at all, minus the RC, of course. Try their website instead. Also, the new Arc V Pro is indeed 1000 lumens like the Arc V; it just added the RC and two alternating color flashing simultaneously as an option, whereas the Micro Pro is stated to be 1200 lumens.

Reactions: MARK (LI)
I've used Firehouse since they came on the scene. I probably have about 7 or 8 of their different strobes in my cases. I have not seen or used the Micro, but if it's from FHT, it's going to be good.

I'll jump on over to their site and buy one to see.
I agree. I am a Flashholic myself, and their rated emissions of the claimed lumens are on par with solid build quality. It's the website that does not go well with their products.

I like the details of the Arc V Pro and may get a 2-pack of them.

This does not look like the Arc V Pro at all, minus the RC, of course. Try their website instead. Also, the new Arc V Pro is indeed 1000 lumens like the Arc V; it just added the RC and two alternating color flashing simultaneously as an option, whereas the Micro Pro is stated to be 1200 lumens.
The ad says XL Pro...I could use another strobe, so I will take a chance and report back

The item arrived today, but by the time it got here it was too late, dark and windy to send it up on a drone....so I charged it fully and checked out its operation. The instructions are ridiculously small...I needed a powerful magnifying glass with my glasses and could still barely make it out. ....It is a bit larger than the Arc V and it is extremely bright....unfortunately it does not fully function as it should...I had a problem with the on / off button on the first one (standard Arc V) that I had bought about a month ago....DSCN6606.JPG and the Amazon vendor (Husky Tech) replaced it...the replacement works fine...with this one it will go on, but if I try to change the lighting pattern, about the 5th pattern is solid red...and it freezes at that point...I can't turn it off or change the pattern any further...it does shut off on its own about 40 seconds later....the audible "Lost Drone" signal does come on at about 3 minutes, but is barely detectable in a closed room inside a house...I don't think it would help in an outdoor situation...there is a fob that comes with it that can be used to operate the light...but I can't figure out if it has some kind of battery in it...I have contacted the vendor and waiting for answers to that and what he wants to do about the malfunctioning strobe....he was really good last time, but it seems that there is a quality control problem ( they are made in china)...I am attaching a picture of it next to the Arc V so you can get an idea of its size...if you need a very bright strobe...this may be it...you may jut have to return some to get a working one

Last edited:
The item arrived today, but by the time it got here it was too late, dark and windy to send it up on a drone....so I charged it fully and checked out its operation. The instructions are ridiculously small...I needed a powerful magnifying glass with my glasses and could still barely make it out. ....It is a bit larger than the Arc V and it is extremely bright....unfortunately it does not fully function as it should...I had a problem with the on / off button on the first one (standard Arc V) that I had bought about a month ago....View attachment 171477 and the Amazon vendor (Husky Tech) replaced it...the replacement works fine...with this one it will go on, but if I try to change the lighting pattern, about the 5th pattern is solid red...and it freezes at that point...I can't turn it off or change the pattern any further...it does shut off on its own about 40 seconds later....the audible "Lost Drone" signal does come on at about 3 minutes, but is barely detectable in a closed room inside a house...I don't think it would help in an outdoor situation...there is a fob that comes with it that can be used to operate the light...but I can't figure out if it has some kind of battery in it...I have contacted the vendor and waiting for answers to that and what he wants to do about the malfunctioning strobe....he was really good last time, but it seems that there is a quality control problem ( they are made in china)...I am attaching a picture of it next to the Arc V so you can get an idea of its size...if you need a very bright strobe...this may be it...you may jut have to return some to get a working one
Thanks for reporting back. This looks like a variant of the original Arc XL (6 LEDs), but I could not find an Arc XL "Pro" on the Firehouse website. I would send it back and get one directly from Firehouse instead.

Thanks for reporting back. This looks like a variant of the original Arc XL (6 LEDs), but I could not find an Arc XL "Pro" on the Firehouse website. I would send it back and get one directly from Firehouse instead.
I contacted Husky Tech on Saturday, and heard back from him this morning...he is replacing it, as he did last time. In the instructions of the first one I bought it says that if you have a problem with the item to contact Firehouse, which I did...they would not discuss it with me, told me it was not their problem because I bought it on Amazon ( I did not see any other source for them)....Husky Tech just replaced it...and he is doing it again....based on Customer Service, I would buy from Husky Tech rather than direct from Firehouse....Husky Tech did respond that there is a battery in the fob that will need replacement at some point...I will let you know if I can figure out how to open it up to take care of that;)

I have had two Arc Vs for about two years now. Recently Firehouse introduced two new models as mentioned in the title. Has anyone tried either or both of them? I am thinking of replacing my Arc Vs with these two new models but there is no useful review on either of these on YouTube. The only video from a channel named "Aeriel-Pixel" does not show any real use for either of the new models sadly.
I have the micro pro that I use between my M2P and my I2. Great battery life, I have mine mounted on the top, and I can always see it strobe from the ground due to the gem cut design of the clear pastic cover. It’s very durable and stays put with pro velcro. Unless you’re flying multiple birds simultaneously, I don’t see the need for more than just one tbh.

I have the micro pro that I use between my M2P and my I2. Great battery life, I have mine mounted on the top, and I can always see it strobe from the ground due to the gem cut design of the clear pastic cover. It’s very durable and stays put with pro velcro. Unless you’re flying multiple birds simultaneously, I don’t see the need for more than just one tbh.
Nice to know. Thanks for sharing your experience.

I contacted Husky Tech on Saturday, and heard back from him this morning...he is replacing it, as he did last time. In the instructions of the first one I bought it says that if you have a problem with the item to contact Firehouse, which I did...they would not discuss it with me, told me it was not their problem because I bought it on Amazon ( I did not see any other source for them)....Husky Tech just replaced it...and he is doing it again....based on Customer Service, I would buy from Husky Tech rather than direct from Firehouse....Husky Tech did respond that there is a battery in the fob that will need replacement at some point...I will let you know if I can figure out how to open it up to take care of that;)
Wow so FH won't stand behind their own products? Good of Husky Tech that they actually responded. In the YouTube video of the Arc V Pro, the OP replied to a question that the fob takes a button cell and it doesn't take much to pry it open. I hope everything go smoothly for you 👍

Last edited:

That's disappointing to say the least. I've dealt with them on other occasions (Emergency Services related) and they've always gone above and beyond to support us. I'm half tempted to reach out to them about this but they may have a very good reason to not want to "support" an Amazon seller . . .

I was hoping that they had a 3 or 4 pack available...now I am glad they don't have that...I hope Fire House stands behind the product with the vendor.....the message I received from FireHouse said "we have a dealer handle amazon sales" and mentions Huskytech......so it sounds like there must be a relationship there...anyway....another new one is coming...I will try to put it on a drone and see if I can get pictures of how it looks...I was able to get this shot at about 40 feet....the light went out right after this picture..it's a mini2
DSCN6609.JPG

Last edited:
I received the replacement strobe and it works very well...the remote seemed a little out of it on the defective light that I first received, but everything in the new package works as it should and the remote seems useful...this light, although rated at the same 1,000 lumens as the ARC V does seem brighter to me....perhaps because it is slightly larger...I like the product......I think their customer service is exemplary and I would recommend the light to anyone looking for a good strobe...Firehouse claims 3 mile visibility...I find that a bit of a stretch,

I received the replacement strobe and it works very well...the remote seemed a little out of it on the defective light that I first received, but everything in the new package works as it should and the remote seems useful...this light, although rated at the same 1,000 lumens as the ARC V does seem brighter to me....perhaps because it is slightly larger...I like the product......I think their customer service is exemplary and I would recommend the light to anyone looking for a good strobe...Firehouse claims 3 mile visibility...I find that a bit of a stretch,

I can't vouche for that model but we tested a few of their earlier units and we verified that at 3SM we could still make out the light. The area we were in was limited to 3.5SM so we couldn't test any further but at night we verified they were visible. We don't have many places up here in the mountains where we can measure 3sm and not be flying on the other side of the mountain LOL

Reactions: MARK (LI)

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne