DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 2 Fireworks Show - Bixby, Oklahoma - 2022

RH009

Reactions
My first attempt at recording fireworks. Found a great spot over the Arkansas River to hover and record the Bixby Freedom Celebration fireworks display.

After watching, I probably should have done a little side to side sweeps, but for my first time recording fireworks and with very few night flights, I wasn't super comfortable to be flying around, even though I knew the airspace was clear. I also didn't want to disturb other viewers, so I just stayed still and recorded. Won't be the best show out there, but hope you enjoy it.

I do enjoy a good fireworks show.

I "periscope" to see the neighboring towns that are less than 10 miles away celebrating too.

I enjoyed my local show, plus a few others around me.

Thanks for sharing. :)

Reactions: RH009
My first attempt at recording fireworks. Found a great spot over the Arkansas River to hover and record the Bixby Freedom Celebration fireworks display.

After watching, I probably should have done a little side to side sweeps, but for my first time recording fireworks and with very few night flights, I wasn't super comfortable to be flying around, even though I knew the airspace was clear. I also didn't want to disturb other viewers, so I just stayed still and recorded. Won't be the best show out there, but hope you enjoy it.

Yes, i have found minor movement both vertically and horizontality are helpful here is my clip from our Laughlin Nevada in 2021

Reactions: RH009
Great film and thanks for sharing, what the local folks will have paid for through their taxes, with me over here in the U.K. As no firework display these days is complete without 1000 drones spelling out something meaningful in the sky you could have been seen as the appetiser for the BIG show.

Thanks and you're welcome. Yeah, on the walk back to the vehicle, we could see our neighboring town (Broken Arrow) doing their's. Maybe next year, I'll remember to spin around and get some of their show as well.

Reactions: nevadariver
Great film and thanks for sharing, what the local folks will have paid for through their taxes, with me over here in the U.K. As no firework display these days is complete without 1000 drones spelling out something meaningful in the sky you could have been seen as the appetiser for the BIG show.

Oh, I'm sure my little drone would have been eaten up.

That was really nice...thank you.

I always enjoy seeing what the fireworks folks do with differing shell designs.

Thank you. Next year I'll do a sweeping arc up the river and back down, and hopefully it'll turn out a bit better. 😁

Drone used? Settings?

Reactions: RH009 and CKWUSA

Nice work! I’m going to try to do the same tonight!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143