DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Firmware 0500?

Filmarik

Reactions
So, what is the concensus on the latest Mavic 3 Pro aircraft FW released a few months ago??
Have you all here upgraded or ignored it? If you did upgrade, have you noticed anything good or bad??
I am still on 0300 and sitting on the fence whether to upgrade or not..

Last edited:
Reactions: PeterPatrick
So, what is the concensus on the latest Mavic 3 Pro aircraft FW released a few months ago??
Have you all here upgraded or ignored it? If you did upgrade, have you noticed anything good or bad??
I am still on 0300 and sitting on the fence if to upgrade or not..
Came out closer to Christmas; not really much of an upgrade so pretty harmless. I always accept the upgrades (eventually).

Reactions: Cafguy
I recently sold my Mini 4 Pro and "Upgraded" to the Mavic 3 Pro.

I do miss some features though, so im hoping on a firmware update to implement the new Active Track and being able to transfer files from the MicroSD card while the drone is turned off. These are very nice features that i now miss.

I recently sold my Mini 4 Pro and "Upgraded" to the Mavic 3 Pro.

I do miss some features though, so im hoping on a firmware update to implement the new Active Track and being able to transfer files from the MicroSD card while the drone is turned off. These are very nice features that i now miss.
You can transfer the files using the Quick Transfer switch on the splash screen

Only to a device with Fly installed.
Well, that's more or less renders this feature useless for anyone wanting to use a computer for editing. Pulling the card out of M3P is a pain unless the battery is removed. Transfer with the drone off would be actually very nice. I did not know the Mini 4 could do that.

Last edited:
Well, that's more or less renders this feature useless for anyone wanting to use a computer for editing. Pulling the card out of M3P is a pain unless the battery is removed. Transfer with the drone off would be actually very nice. I did not know the Mini 4 could do that.
Unless you are leaving the battery in for charging without a hub, while removing the battery for recharging, swap microSD cards before inserting a fully charged battery. No problems that way.

Unless you are leaving the battery in for charging without a hub, while removing the battery for recharging, swap microSD cards before inserting a fully charged battery. No problems that way.
Yeah, surely there is a simple and practical solution to this "problem". It makes me wonder though that the DJI designers did not realise that placing the card slot where they did was not going to work all that well...
At the end of the day it is more of a minor inconvenience rather than a big problem🙂

Reactions: GadgetGuy
Yeah, surely there is a simple and practical solution to this "problem". It makes me wonder though that the DJI designers did not realise that placing the card slot where they did was not going to work all that well...
At the end of the day it is more of a minor inconvenience rather than a big problem🙂
On the Air 3, DJI moved the card slot and the USB C connector to below the inserted battery, rather than above, which appears to allow easier card removal with the battery inserted. They learn from their mistakes, and are always improving on their designs.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Keith J