DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Firmware bricked drone

avengermike

Reactions
Hey guys last time I tried to update drone it got stuck at 68% and reset. I have been on here and talked to customer service about a fix but haven't had any luck. I sent drone in as per request of dji and after a week I get a $500 quote to fix. Drone is still under a year old so should have warranty on some stuff. I don't understand why it wouldn't be covered seeing how the firmware update caused the failure. Has anyone had any problems like this and were able to get it covered under warranty?

Reactions: kentfin
Did get into a tree one time but drone has been fine, has had other firmware updates. This last update just wouldn't take tried app, and assistant. Drone says it has the update but camera acts like a lazy eye and I have no control of cam. Flys norm

Reactions: Former Member
Did get into a tree one time but drone has been fine, has had other firmware updates.

They may be seeing that and thus attributing the firmware update failure to some broken component on the main board. What was their response when you asked them why this isn't covered under warranty?

They may be seeing that and thus attributing the firmware update failure to some broken component on the main board. What was their response when you asked them why this isn't covered under warranty?
Guy wasn't sure said it was being pushed up the ladder and I should have a response today. Told drone worked fine before the update

“Oh yeah, I crashed it but it was the firmware update that ruined it........”
I am betting the firmware could not update because of crash damage. From the looks of the repair estimate it was not a light bump. Too many people getting on just fine with the latest updates.

Is there any resources online dude to show you how to do this?
• Turn off auto or background updating on your device
• Do not connect to internet while Go 4 is running
• Put your device in airplane mode when flying
• Ignore update notices

...Too many people getting on just fine with the latest updates.
I am sure the vast majority of users have no problems with the latest updates. In my case, a background update made Go 4 unusable. I downgraded and locked it up so it would not change and haven't had a problem since.

“Oh yeah, I crashed it but it was the firmware update that ruined it........”
I am betting the firmware could not update because of crash damage. From the looks of the repair estimate it was not a light bump. Too many people getting on just fine with the latest updates.
Na crashed day 3 back in Aug 2017, if u don't have any in sight just move on.

Na crashed day 3 back in Aug 2017, if u don't have any in sight just move on.
Sorry, looks like I hit a nerve
I am just saying, there hasn’t been a new firmware that I remember for a month or two . Odd that you decided to update now, maybe an attempt to correct a problem you were having? If the main board is damaged maybe that’s why the update was unsuccessful? That is my in sight if you can resist the defensiveness. Otherwise there is not a real reason for the update to brick your drone and not the thousands of other people that did it without a problem.

Reactions: kentfin
Sorry, looks like I hit a nerve
I am just saying, there hasn’t been a new firmware that I remember for a month or two . Odd that you decided to update now, maybe an attempt to correct a problem you were having? If the main board is damaged maybe that’s why the update was unsuccessful? That is my in sight if you can resist the defensiveness. Otherwise there is not a real reason for the update to brick your drone and not the thousands of other people that did it without a problem.
need help with firmware "error"

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
petravka