DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Firmware problem

swarfy

Reactions
Haven’t used my Mavic for a few weeks so charged it all up and got the firmware updates warning I have never had any probs updating before but this time it goes to downloading then fails stating it’s paused tried time and again same thing click on continue but after a few seconds of nothing it states failed . Went onto Mavic application manager for Mavic same problems did finally get the remote done but no matter what I try the bird won’t update I’ve tried different cables and after failing with the iPad 4 mini I tried the Samsung galaxy 8 same problems. Any help appreciated
Mick

You are correct. It should not be. At times it will do what it needs to do,
and at times you just want to take a hammer after it!

Reactions: swarfy
Just keep trying I reckon not very good though on a bit of kit that cost over 1K. Is it ?

Haven’t used my Mavic for a few weeks so charged it all up and got the firmware updates warning I have never had any probs updating before but this time it goes to downloading then fails stating it’s paused tried time and again same thing click on continue but after a few seconds of nothing it states failed . Went onto Mavic application manager for Mavic same problems did finally get the remote done but no matter what I try the bird won’t update I’ve tried different cables and after failing with the iPad 4 mini I tried the Samsung galaxy 8 same problems. Any help appreciated
Mick
Had a similar problem updating through my Samsung Galaxy S8. Could not update, regardless of the many attempts. Connected to my Apple iPhone 6 and worked instantly...

Raptor: Yes, it is unfortunate that there is often a difference in experience with iOS and Android and that fact alone has caused more grief than anything else I can think of. However, there are many people with Android devices that have zero issues and me being an iOS kinda person, I'm happy for them and wish both OS's yielded the same experience with DJI products. I completely understand those who are devout Android users, there are certainly advantages for many people, but few things are as frustrating as having an OS issue with your drone. Typically, you're out in the field, often alone, with no help.

My guess is, the smart controller concept is here to stay and will be offered in one form or another with all the future DJI prosumer drones. If that turns out to be the case hopefully, that will reduce or eliminate the OS issue.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
User711