DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Firmware problems of note

Palmax123

Reactions
Hi guys, so I updated yesterday. Took it on a flight just after.

During the flight I noticed the camera was acting up ( almost as if it reset ) and even stopped recording.

Thought it was me.

Today I took it out again in a game lodge near Sun City, Kwa Maritaan in South Africa and the fight went well until I lost signal (no image on iPhone), recording and all satellites. I even lost control at a stage.

Fortunately I had a visual on the drone and could navigate it back to me and land it safely.

I have lost all confidence in the bird. Even before now my confidence in flying the bird is much lower than my Phantom 3P. I really miss my old bird.

I have a question though, to restore my confidence.

If I could, and really will, is there a way to downgrade the firmware? If so how and what version do you guys suggest. BTW is there any other pilots out there that have experienced similar incidents with the new firmware?

Thanks and I hope there will be someone that can help.

Alfred
South Africa

Sorry to hear about your troubles, man, that's never any fun.

Check out How to rollback Mavic firmware for information on rolling back to different firmware versions.

Wish I could help you out with what version to roll back to. I'm still trying to decide that, as well.

Reactions: Bunny Too
Roll back to .700 or .400 - Most of us running older firmware agree that these are the best two versions and are pretty much rock solid.

Reactions: newguy
Hi Phlier and lisadoc

Ok I rolled back to .700 and I must say it felt a lot better. I did however loose both visual and satellite signals again, but this time with a new warning...NFZ!!!! I'm in the African bush and didn't know there was a airstrip nearby.

Quick question, when you enter a no fly zone is it normal to loose these signals?

I decided to go over and try the Litchi app and the bird flew great. Didn't loose signal at all. During the flight I moved away from base and headed to a small rock hill to take a few shots and then Litchi also reported a NFZ. I immediately returned back home.

Rather safe than sorry right!

I want to thank you for the advise. It was superbly explained. I will fly again when I return back home.

Cheers

Quick question, when you enter a no fly zone is it normal to loose these signals?

No. Probably just a coincidence. NFZs (geofencing) have nothing to do with your signal. In fact, because you're operating on .700, you are basically oblivious to NFZ's restrictions. DJI instituted automated flight restrictions in NFZs with later firmware versions, unless you unlock that zone through prior permission with them. If not, the craft will generally RTH while in a strict NFZ (and hopefully you have those settings {height, etc} correct, otherwise it can cause a crash).

And if you're in the African bush, I highly doubt that you have a Class B airspace around you. If it's a grass strip and infrequently used (if ever), you can fly in that zone without a problem. I live less than 5 miles from an old locally-based grass runway that has no tower, no management (meaning no one to check with), and really no aircraft ever to speak of. I get the warning that I'm within an airport zone (yellow warning) and to proceed with caution. I tick the box to close the warning and fly as normal.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Poppy52