DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Firmware update failure: need help asap

Devon125

Reactions
I just received my mavic a week ago. I flew it a few times without updating it's firmware and it worked just fine. However this morning I tried to update the firmware using DJi go 4 only for it to reach 5% and give me an alert informing me that the update failed due to the network being disconnected. I restarted the equipment and tried again multiple times but to no avail.
What do I do? Is something wrong with my data connection? Or is it my phone?
Please help me[emoji24]

Btw the phone I used to update the mavic is a Samsung J7 prime if you need to know.[emoji4]

Last edited:
Please keep in mind that I am a noob when it comes to DJi drones.[emoji28]

Last edited:
I'm a noob on mavic but I have had a phantom for some years. Have you tried to connect the mavic to a computer?

Try moving the remote control & phone away from the Mavic, by 10 or more feet, before starting the update. I have this issue too. Whatever 2.4GHz frequency the Mavic is using for transmitting steps all over my phone's wifi connection. Once I moved the R/C away from the Mavic, the update ran smoothly.

Reactions: 4wd
Try moving the remote control & phone away from the Mavic, by 10 or more feet, before starting the update. I have this issue too. Whatever 2.4GHz frequency the Mavic is using for transmitting steps all over my phone's wifi connection. Once I moved the R/C away from the Mavic, the update ran smoothly.
I tried your method but it doesn't work unfortunately. Ugh what do I do[emoji43]

Did it prompt you to update SW/FW or you just decided to update on your own?
I haven't updated mine yet, still on the default SW/FW it came with but sooner I will have to.
Good to know some tips, things to do in case the update fail.
How do you check what SW/FW is the mavic on?

Did it prompt you to update SW/FW or you just decided to update on your own?
I haven't updated mine yet, still on the default SW/FW it came with but sooner I will have to.
Good to know some tips, things to do in case the update fail.
How do you check what SW/FW is the mavic on?
I got a prompt

Oh btw the way u can figure out your drones current firmware using dji assistant 2

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Arny