DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Firmware Update Problem

SabreSailor

Reactions
Got a message on the app to update firmware. It starts uploading the firmware and gets anywhere from 10 to 50% complete firmware update and I get the following failure message:

Update failed. Restart the equipment to continue. Reason: Aircraft disconnected. Restart to continue again.

I had started the drone, then started the phone, and started the controller. I am assuming it connected initially or why would the update have started?

Batteries are all over 90%.

Help!

I think I have read somewhere that this is a well known problem and that we should all use Assistant 2 to update Firmware

I have updated the firmware on the aircraft and controller twice so far with no problem using just the GO4 app on my iPhone X. So far, so good.

I agree with the Assistant 2 route. I kept getting the disconnect error as well. I thought it might be wifi interference, but never trouble shot any further. The assistant route went smoothly on the first shot. Good luck

Reactions: Point Zero
Got a message on the app to update firmware. It starts uploading the firmware and gets anywhere from 10 to 50% complete firmware update and I get the following failure message:

Update failed. Restart the equipment to continue. Reason: Aircraft disconnected. Restart to continue again.

I had started the drone, then started the phone, and started the controller. I am assuming it connected initially or why would the update have started?

Batteries are all over 90%.

Help!
If your using an Android device this is pretty much par for the course. If you have a IOS device (Apple mini ipad etc) use that to upload your firmware, for me that works.
The crystalsky is Android and for me I get an error message that says internet connection issue and it stops. Looks for a IOS device that usually works.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Whitehammer661