DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Firmware updated and one battery not asked to update?

ejmcompany

Reactions
I update the firmware today, and of the remaining two batteries only one was asked to update. So it seems two of the batteries are now updated but not the third. I did a little test flight for about a minute, not letting it get more than 20 feet away, and it seemed to be fine. Has anyone else had this happen? I ran through the procedure twice to make sure it was done correctly and the battery did not ask the second time either.

Thoughts??

If you insert that battery, power up your Mavic, and connect it to the DJI Assistant 2 application, you'll be prompted to update the battery firmware if needed.

Reactions: WAXMAN
It's not a phone app. You can only run the DJI Assistant 2 application on a Windows/Mac computer.

It's not a phone app. You can only run the DJI Assistant 2 application on a Windows/Mac computer.
Believe it or not msinger, DJI does have a version of DJI Assistant in the iOS app store. I tried it yesterday and could not make it work, though the desktop version does work for me. I suspect the iOS version is unmaintained and according to DJI’s general sloppiness, they forgot to delete it from the app store.

Believe it or not msinger, DJI does have a version of DJI Assistant in the iOS app store.
I believe you, but I'm referring to the "DJI Assistant 2 application". It's not available in the app store.

Struggling here. I am on my mac it it won't open the download as it says it is from an unidentified developer?

Hi there, simply right click the icon, and then click Open, and it will work. Simply double clicking it will not work. If your mouse doesn't have a rightclick, simply hold down the control button on your keyboard, click the icon once, then click open.

I believe you, but I'm referring to the "DJI Assistant 2 application". It's not available in the app store.

The listing for the one available in the app store differs only by the fact it doesn't have the number "2" at the end. Which, yes, is a significant difference, but for the vast majority of new people to this platform, they will not see that "2" as significant. Put simply: your target audience is people who don't know what's going on - NOT experts. Write for your audience. In that respect, I would have written the below instead of what you wrote originally:

msinger's quote Rewritten for intended audience said:
The DJI Assistant in iOS App Store is ancient and will not work. You can only run the DJI Assistant 2 application on a Windows/Mac computer.

Msinger, was it your web site that had directions on how to get DJI Assistant 2 installed on Windows 8/10?

Randy

I have downloaded from DJI's website the Assistant 2 for Mac (or so I thought) It has the Apple logo next to it. I install it and it tells me it is for windows and won't open. I am very confused.

• DJI Assistant 2 v1.1.6
    2017-09-07
    DMG

This is from the DJI Website... Do I have the wrong thing?

Msinger, was it your web site that had directions on how to get DJI Assistant 2 installed on Windows 8/10?
No, I don't have instructions on my website.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
magic31