DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Firmware v01.00.0200 released!

I tried to do the firmware update over wi-fi and it didn’t show up. Used DJI Assistant 2 and found it and installed with no problems.
Wish I could check it out soon. Gotta find some dry spot between rainstorms.

Update now adds narrow approach bands at ends of runways extending beyond the 5 mile radius of the airport. Where I am now in one of those "approach- take off cones", whereas yesterday, they were not part of the NFZ.

I had some intial issues updating the new firmware, was getting ‘failed to update’. I eventually got a successful update by utilizing the assistant. Update also the RC. Looks like its ready to fly, but haven’t tested it - too cold outside !.

Reactions: Altaman
Happy Thanksgiving to all. Failed to update to V01.00.0200 (217MB) Turned off all systems several times and still recieve "Failed to Update" advice. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks

Tried 10 minutes ago: excellent !
Can does one activate/use Precision Landing? I was expecting a prompt or something, but nothing happened. And when I used RTH it landed like 20 ft away from the takeoff point - during the perfect daylight...

Happy Thanksgiving to all. Failed to update to V01.00.0200 (217MB) Turned off all systems several times and still recieve "Failed to Update" advice. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks
I had the same. Make sure you update DJI Go to 4.3.5 first. Or use DJI assistant. Also, remember to update all the batteries. See original DJI upgrade video for details.

Reactions: BoyRiderUK
Can does one activate/use Precision Landing? I was expecting a prompt or something, but nothing happened. And when I used RTH it landed like 20 ft away from the takeoff point - during the perfect daylight...

If you RTH too close to the HP it simply lands right where it’s at. “Go Home” has to engage before “Landing”. Had to be some distance away from HP.

After installing, it now says I am in No Fly Zone and will not take off. Flown here many times in last month. This is a new thing since this update. Just spent $1500 for my M2P, $300 for new Mini I Pad 4, and $400 plus for RE Goggles. What do I do now? I do not fly next to an airport. What a joke.
I haven't tried it yet but I updated today and when I went into our 'Can I Fly There' App which is put out by Civil Aviation, it tells me there is a hellicopter pad within 5.5KM. This is new and I'm hoping I don't get the same problem as you.

UPDATE: Fortunately no issues.

Last edited:

I decided it might be faster using my computer and the DJI windows' program. If you were trying via the drone and your phone/tablet you might give the desktop option a try. There's also be suggestions that a new update might bring out the hoards and overtax their servers?????

Update now adds narrow approach bands at ends of runways extending beyond the 5 mile radius of the airport. Where I am now in one of those "approach- take off cones", whereas yesterday, they were not part of the NFZ.
Beyond 5 miles ! - It would be helpful if DJI updated their Geo-Map website with these 'approach-take off cones' so we could at least see where we are affected, before updating the NFZ map..

Reactions: zocalo

I had the same issue. I solved and fixed this by doing a hardwire update with DJI Assistant 2. This is a software that you can download from the DJI website, and use to update your M2P and weel as the RC as well. Just be careful you download the correct version, and know there is a different page on the softeware for the RC update ( just re-start the Assistant Software to do the RC and get you to the correct interface. . There is also a tutorial on how to use the ‘assistant’ - well worth it.

DJI Mavic Pro – Specs, Tutorials & Guides – DJI

I had the same. Make sure you update DJI Go to 4.3.5 first. Or use DJI assistant. Also, remember to update all the batteries. See original DJI upgrade video for details.
THanks for the suggestion.

I had the same issue. I solved and fixed this by doing a hardwire update with DJI Assistant 2. This is a software that you can download from the DJI website, and use to update your M2P and weel as the RC as well. Just be careful you download the correct version, and know there is a different page on the softeware for the RC update ( just re-start the Assistant Software to do the RC and get you to the correct interface. . There is also a tutorial on how to use the ‘assistant’ - well worth it.

DJI Mavic Pro – Specs, Tutorials & Guides – DJI

Thank you very much.

dont forget ya batteries too

Many thanks, Gaz and it got me. But rather than a regular "Me too" post confirmation, I thought I would share what happened. I did the FW update on the original batt's, (adding 2 with the FMK,) when the .100 update was released so then, when I didn't see anything unusual after doing the .200 update the other day, I figured there wasn't a battery component.

However, after your post, I checked and sure enough, the two extra batteries I purchased about a month or so after the M2P purchase, needed updating. In case this happens to someone else, I thought I would mention this and show folks the window that appears when the aircraft FW is up to date but, the battery FW is not. Consequently, I suggest that folks check all their batteries so they don't get bitten in the behind out in the field.

1542982109565.png

Obviously, it isn't particularly informative and I can only assume that the battery FW caused it as that is the only component that changed. Hope this helps some others.

KB

Attachments

• 1542981713721.png
    1542981713721.png
    20.6 KB · Views: 97
Reactions: Oglo and Gaz Mc
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members