DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Firmware V01.00.0300

android updates are so flakely

I took it for a fly last week and it said I needed to update

I couldnt update then so I took it home and connected everything and then it said it was already up to date

downloaded and installed dji assistance for mavic and what do you know, theres an update avalable

anyone know how to check the change log?

Ahh I see the difference, my screenshot with the RESTORE FACTORY DEFAULTS shows "DJI Assistant 2" at top left, yours shows ""DJI Assistant 2 for Mavic"

==
how do u restore when u have DJI Assistant 2 for Mavic? after a restore will I have to register it all over again or does it just reset the settings? I need to know because am having major problems after update.

It appears that DJI have removed the "Restore Factory Defaults" button from DJI Assistant 2 for Mavic, so you cannot restore. You can "refresh" the firmware. I figure DJI had a reason to remove the Restore Factory Defaults feature so I stopped worrying about it. DJI Assistant 2 has the "Restore Factory Defaults" button, but this version is deprecated and does not officially support Mavic 2 Pro. I am curious about what this feature actually does. If anybody is using the older DJI Assistant 2 and "Restored Factory Defaults", what happened? As Jorgeo65 asked, did you have to re-register it? Was the device name reset, flight records gone, etc.?

Reactions: Ack
It appears that DJI have removed the "Restore Factory Defaults" button from DJI Assistant 2 for Mavic, so you cannot restore. You can "refresh" the firmware. I figure DJI had a reason to remove the Restore Factory Defaults feature so I stopped worrying about it. DJI Assistant 2 has the "Restore Factory Defaults" button, but this version is deprecated and does not officially support Mavic 2 Pro. I am curious about what this feature actually does. If anybody is using the older DJI Assistant 2 and "Restored Factory Defaults", what happened? As Jorgeo65 asked, did you have to re-register it? Was the device name reset, flight records gone, etc.?
thanks mate, refreshed and reinstalled go app, I hope that has worked, will test today.

Reactions: Ack
just did my 1st waypoint test flight, very scary, bugs galore, app crashed every time, at one stage everything froze and mav just hovered, could not control it, even with the controller, got control of it after a while. tried again and it just took off towards a tree, had to use emergency stop button.
had enough after that and packed up and went home in disgust. I am re-installing everything again, will let u know how it goes. have not heard much complaints about this update, so maybe its just me.

tested today, went through 2 batteries without issues. tested waypoints and some of the quick shot features, all good:), I did notice precision landing was a bit hit & miss, don't no if new update has caused it.
So it looks like re-installing updates has fixed all problems I was having.
I think dji go 4 was the problem, not the mav firmware, when precision landing update came out, it would not work for me until I reinstalled the go 4 app, looks like the same things happened this time around.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
InspectorTom