DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Firmware V01.00.0300

format

Reactions
Hi guys,

Looks like new firmware has been released today.
Anyone tested that?

JvNn2l5.png

Reactions: porto4ever
Just finished updating here...aircraft, batteries, and RC. I could have sworn that I upgraded the firmware on the RC via Assistant 2 last time but, apparently not as I had to connect the RC and aircraft via the normal method and then got the prompt for the RC update which used the home WiFi. Did I miss something here? Anyone else successfully upgraded their RC via Assistant 2?

Double-checked previous settings and it appeared as though nothing had changed.

Weather is gonna be good today so I'll be taking her out and see how it goes.

Just updated my zoom and 2 and their controllers. Thanks for the heads up. Weather is not good for flying but knowing my luck we would get a nice day and I would be stuck updating instead of flying.

Assistant 2 worked perfectly on all 4 updates! First time on my new computer so I was hoping there would not be an issue!

Well my Smart Controller sees the firmware update but when I go to download it tells me I am not connected.

This despite it being able to compare revisions with the server in the first instance, being able to go to the DJI homepage and browse the web using the built-in Lightning browser and my Wi-Fi settings telling me I am connected, with an excellent signal strength of 54Mbps on 5GHz!

And yes I do have >50% battery in both aircraft & controller.

What gives?

Also I tried to post this same message on the DJI Forum but it did not seem to post...

-=Glyn=-

PS. Just got the DJI Forum Admin email to complete the registration so looks like my message will post shortly...ah it’s there now.

Last edited:
Reactions: Napolyon1
I see everyone talking about the update and ways they have done it but can anyone tell me what the update actually achieves??

Reactions: dangerm0us
I see everyone talking about the update and ways they have done it but can anyone tell me what the update actually achieves??

The combination of app and firmware update (you need both) enables waypoints on the Mavic 2. Probably fixes some bugs and other things as well, but that's the headline new feature.

Hello from new mavic 2 zoom user :)

I bought it new 3 days ago and made 4 very nice flights without any problems whatsoever. After last flight I upgraded firmware with dji assistant for mavic 2 series from V01.00.0200 to V01.00.0300 since dji go app was telling me to upgrade firmware and so I did. And here comes the problem. After succesful upgrade gimbal not working anymore. In dji go app there is no icon or menu for gimbal anymore, like gimbal not exist. Then I downgraded back to V01.00.0200 hoping it would solve the problem but it did not. Then I downgraded to basic V01.00.0100 with no difference.
I made a short video of what gimbal is doing during powering on where you can see that it not allign the camera to horisontal position:

Is there anything I can do to fix it without voiding a warranty. I' frustrated since it is expensive brand new drone and if there is no easy fix I will have to send it to repair and will be one month without it.

Thank you and regards from EU!

Last edited:
Reactions: mjdb71
What happens when you point the camera forward and restarted the AC? Does the camera drop facing down? Like in the video you posted.

In camera forward position when powering on it happens the same:

I believe you have 2 threads going on about the gimbal issue. Go to the one in the help section. You may have better results there.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JReynolds078