DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Firmware V01.00.0309

1.1.6 app starting to hit Google play now. Just downloaded it. Doesn't change anything in regards to this discussion but thought those who were waiting for official Google play would like to hear this.

Is it just me, or does this "new" feature seem somewhat useless?? Why would anyone want to disable side to side motion? And all the other obstacle avoidance settings can be set with the old firmware. To hover in place when obstacle is detected, just turn off APAS. And there is also a switch to turn off Obstacle avoidance all together.
I'd MUCH rather see the addition of camera settings adjustments like: Sharpness, Contrast, Saturation
Its called options. There are no side sensors so that might be a way to limit noob crashes. I've seen people flying sideways and crashing into trees. I think that is a really nice feature

Last edited:
Its called options. There are not side sensors so that might be a way to limit noob crashes. I've seen people flying sideways and crashing into trees. I think that is a really nice feature
I would tend to agree. I think removing side to side would be quite useful. I try not to use it almost all the time when I’m flying. So far I only use it for lining up for a landing. The ability to shut it off would make flight much easier for me. It’s a welcome option AFAIC.

Reactions: Ben Anderson
I keep checking every day but no firmware update or app update here in Canada for the iPad. I fly MA2 and MM. getting some really nice shots from max altitude (100 m)
Would really like to get those gimbal updates for smooth photography.

I keep checking every day but no firmware update or app update here in Canada for the iPad. I fly MA2 and MM. getting some really nice shots from max altitude (100 m)
I’m confused by this. What version of the app are you running? I got my iPad app updated earlier in the week. No firmware, but the app updated to 1.1.6 and includes the advanced gimbal settings.

Last edited:
Got excited about a YouTube video but I haven’t seen the update. I guess we’re all in the same boat. The gimbal And yaw smoothness feature is def needed.

Reactions: NordicFinn
Hi, just for your awareness, the max in Canada is 122m. Cheers,

DJI just posted this on YouTube 4 hours ago.IMG_20200810_225947.jpg

• Wow
Reactions: dawgpilot
It’s available here in Canada. Trying to dl it right now with Assistant but it appears to be hung up.just got a network error message....standby. I’m assuming the servers must be really busy as my download has been stopped twice now with network error messages following. Once at 0% and one at 6%.

I switched to my iPad and loaded it no problem over wifi. I couldn’t get it to load with my laptop using Assistant.

Last edited:
Its called options. There are no side sensors so that might be a way to limit noob crashes. I've seen people flying sideways and crashing into trees. I think that is a really nice feature
Also, imagine if you want to take a footage of a fly through between two close poles or Vertical openings of a window, under bridge, i can use this option of “no sideways flying” - thereby ensuring that i go straight through it even if i press the sideway joystick inadvertantly...so guess, it can come handy..

Reactions: Parrotoid
I want to zoom and shoot (pictures) while flying I don't want to have to switch to video mode
But I still don’t understand why. It’s digital zoom, so it does nothing different to what a picture app zoom and crop does. I could understand if it was optical zoom....

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pocki