DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Firmware v01.03.0400

On attempt 9 now, still failing. back to the app, trying to follow some information I saw on youtube. I reset the initial firmware before trying to upgrade.

fingers crossed

Reactions: beven32
I just updated to 1.03.04 from the stock 1.02.09. It's my first update. Tried doing it from the phone with everything connected but it didn't seem to give me an update option after the file had dloaded. It showed as dloaded (150.0MB) but I didn't see an install update option anywhere. I'm a Mavic n00b though so that might just be me. I had to load DJI Assistant and do it connected to my computer. That was a strange experience though because after connecting the USB cable and the driver updates were done my computer went sluggish as anything. Mouse freezing constantly, couldn't click and cancel anything. It eventually got a bit better so I rebooted before updating just to be safe. Update went well and then I swapped the USB cable from the RC to the MP (after restarting both) and cut and pasted the day's flights from the card while it was in the Mavic. It got partway through and then the DJI USB "drive" disappeared and the cut/paste didn't finish. This is on a Win7 machine. Anyway, rebooted computer and Mavic just to be sure and the drive was in Windows Explorer again and I completed the copy. Weird.

I'm updating as I type. It just got to 86% and the fans have gone off and the yellow light is blinking fast. If it weren't for this thread, I'd probably be panicking now, but I'm just chilling here with a glass of wine...catching up on the forum :)

Inconsistent firmware found. Keep getting this error after new firmware. I'll update and It occurs each time I reconnect to the MP. Any advice?

EDIT: Downgraded to the previous version and no more error. I'll try upgrading in a few days.
Did you update the Mavic and the RC separately so they both have the same version?

Reactions: Spanish Flyer
Did you update the Mavic and the RC separately so they both have the same version?
Yes, both were running the same version. Made sure of that when someone else reported they had a "unknown" version for the RC.

Completed my first Firmware update for the the MP since receiving it last Friday. I used the battery that was @ 100%, remote control was @ 60%, iPhone 6+ was @ 79%. FW took about 25 minutes to complete. Updated over Wi-Fi at home. Like others had reported, the update hung up at 83% for a bit before completing the update. I restarted the MP, RC and App afterwards, and DJI 4.0 app came up with an inconsistent software/firmware? (Sorry, can't recall exactly) I assumed it was the battery and continued to update that as well. I am waiting for the other two batteries to get to 100% before checking those for updates. So far so good. Loving my Mavic!

EDIT: after checking the other batteries, I did not receive the inconsistent firmware/software message? Not quite sure what was inconsistent, but I don't believe this had anything to do with battery. Everything appears to be good

Yeah i checked all my batteries as well, I did not get any updates for the batteries either. Do you recalibrate any sensors?

I didn't recalibrate because I've read that they need to be done outdoors. I plan on flying tomorrow and will recalibrate.

Reactions: larkin
I still am unable to update. I cannot get 01.03.02 or 01.03.04. They both freeze at 55%, I've formatted the SD cards to fat32, I've tried a different SD card, I've refreshed 01.03.00. I'm running out of ideas.

I'm updating as I type. It just got to 86% and the fans have gone off and the yellow light is blinking fast. If it weren't for this thread, I'd probably be panicking now, but I'm just chilling here with a glass of wine...catching up on the forum :)

Mine was the same stopped on 86% for a good 5-10 min with the fans off and fast blinking light. Came back up and finished the rest quickly. So for anyone else don't panic.

I have never done a Mavic update, mine came already updated to the previous version.
I was wondering if it's done through DJI assistant does it download all files at once and then give you an option to install or does it go straight to installation.
I am asking because I wonder if it is possible to archive the files before the DJI assistant deletes them?
Does anyone archive older versions?
Has anyone figured out a way to restore older versions that are no longer offered by DJI?

Rob

Has someone tried real long distance with the newer firmware? Anything to report?

Failed two upgrade attempts via App, I had a tablet with aftermarket short lightning link cable, I switched to the DJI supplied cable and worked no problems.

Worth a shot if your failing updates to switch cables, If that hadn't worked I was going to go the Assistant 2 route.

Reactions: Slantnose79
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
InspectorTom