DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Firmware v01.03.0400

I unfortunately am stuck in the same loop I've been in since getting the Mavic. I have never had a firmware take. The RC will, but the mavic just fails each and every time. I had restored factory defaults, I've tried with the app, I'm now using the assistant. Literally just failed again while I was typing this message. There goes attempt 3. What am I doing wrong?

Advice : worked for me, have been failing 17 times. all failed. Changed USB cable for a basic one (no platimium edition, or short edition) ... worked straight away. Keep battery 100% charged

I still am unable to update. I cannot get 01.03.02 or 01.03.04. They both freeze at 55%, I've formatted the SD cards to fat32, I've tried a different SD card, I've refreshed 01.03.00. I'm running out of ideas.
Have you tried with a different phone?
Have my faithful Galaxy Note 3 and it worked perfectly after I did the firmware update (no flight test though), but since I have purchased a second hand Huawei Mate 7 to use it solely for the Mavic (no SIM card installed), after I installed the new software, I got all my settings in red and could not modify them in any way; it also showed a "No connection" up at the top left hand corner of the screen... I reinstalled, after removing the DJI GO 4, but still had the same situation. Then suddenly, I seriously don't remember what I did, it started working and was able to adjust all my preferred settings... This phone is one of the recommended ones, but I'm a bit weary of flighing with it... So as I say, I suggest trying as a non flight test the use of another phone.
BR,
Spanish Flyer

Reactions: Kito
Mine has been stuck at 86% for over 30 minutes now.
What's going wrong?

DJI assistant 2, was a fully charged battery but it's now down to its last dot.

@beven32 You can try to disable mobile data and/or wifi when flying if you don't need to stream live. This way the app can not connect and force you to do anything if reconnected. This is the reason why I first start up RC and drone at home before I take it out to fly. If no updates are present, once on location I set my tablet or phone to airplane mode.
I tried this but maps don't work and it does not record the home point.

On attempt 9 now, still failing. back to the app, trying to follow some information I saw on youtube. I reset the initial firmware before trying to upgrade.

fingers crossed
Mate. I had the same issues. Not a smooth update at all.

Has someone tried real long distance with the newer firmware? Anything to report?
600m then obstical avoidance kicked in as it thought the sun was a object.. Seems more sensative then I remember.. This can be bad if you're rth thinks somthing was there. and in my case I lost rc and found it going up due to smart rth settings.. Another bad tick for feeling safe flying this thing.. I now fly with avoidance off in arvo and fly at the sun sun so when I rth it does not think there will be objects.

I also found you can not disable foward avoidance during flight for rth or gps. Avoidance for normal gps mode will be stuck on or off until you land.. So only way to bring it home is manual sports mode.

I dont like the foward vison sensors at all now..

From forum.dji.com on the new Mavic FW: "D-Log now looks really, really good. The dynamic range has DEFINITELY been increased, as advertised! I couldn't believe how "far" I was able to push some of the sliders in post with today's footage on firmware .0400."

Sounds good!
Still waiting on a new LUT file form dji. They removed the old one from there website.. And I tried shooting a orange sunset and it look bad with the old lut on .0400. They sky during the day is fixed now.

Turned mine off mid update.
Turned it back on and it jumped to 100%.
Tried to refresh the update but it failed.
Connected the rc.
Updated that with no issues.
Reconnected the mavic.
Refreshed the update and it worked fine.

Now waiting for my batteries to charge so I can try it out.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

So I just finished the update, and flew my mavic. I actually got worse signal than before..... I need to test it again tomorrow, but has anyone experienced this? I get weak signal message around 2500ft away from me, which never happened before. I fly from my back yard, and the route is always the same when I test my mavic. So I am getting worse signal.....
I get about 7-800 meters from my backyard on 0400. same on 0300 I think.. I get crap range unless I go to a open area.

Turned mine off mid update.
Turned it back on and it jumped to 100%.
Tried to refresh the update but it failed.
Connected the rc.
Updated that with no issues.
Reconnected the mavic.
Refreshed the update and it worked fine.

Now waiting for my batteries to charge so I can try it out.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots
Sounds like what I went through.. 8 hours and 20 failed attempts. and my mavic wouldnt even connect to my rc or pc after awhile. then it just come good..

I also found you can not disable foward avoidance during flight for rth or gps. Avoidance for normal gps mode will be stuck on or off until you land.. So only way to bring it home is manual sports mode.

I dont like the foward vison sensors at all now..

Are you sure? Worked fine on mine, I can enable and disable OA whenever I want.

Reactions: Birdman5280
So of all the people that have successfully done this update and flown on it for awhile - is it even worth it or is it creating more problems than it's solving?

Update done without problem, small delay appeard to be from 83% to 93%, its more look like jump to 93%. No flights today, bad weather.. Shooting D-log 24fps all the time, so will rewiew it with flite footage before update..

What is up with my DJI Assistant. I have to plug in bird and then power on for bird to be recognized. Just got charger hub, says to upgrade firmware but no matter what I do, Assistant doesn't recognize hub

So of all the people that have successfully done this update and flown on it for awhile - is it even worth it or is it creating more problems than it's solving?

Worked fine so far. Generally, it's best to stay on the current firmware but it's not a bad idea to let others try it first and see if there are any major issues (which seems to be what you are doing ;)). I updated via DJI Go4. I noticed it stopped for about 10 minutes or a bit more at about 83 % but then finished in about 40 minutes with no action from me. Did some test flights and it all looks good.

Fine. Updating ~20 minutes, flying no problem.

Update completed with no issues in under 20 minutes using DJI GO. Two good flights, no issues other than the auto focus green square won't leave the screen, very odd. I did have to re-set many of my settings as well.

On update attempt 26 (i'm serious) fails at 90% on the app and 55% on the assistant 2

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
InspectorTom