DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Firmware v01.03.0400

I think android is only stable if you have a newish phone from a reputable brand with a good amount of cpu power.

Not that simple. I have a Moto Z Droid, faster than a S6, and I had app crashes frequently. This is, until I started using my iPad 4 mini :)

Sent from my XT1650 using MavicPilots mobile app

Just got back from flying 3 batteries on the new firmware. Perfect, no issues at all. Flew up at mountain to 500m, flew out to 10k', tried Tripod, Orbit, Sport, all good. Didn't test Log mode.

This was the first time I've flown with an old phone we had lying around, a Samsung S5. It's also the first time (or close to it) I've had a full flight using Go with no app crashes. Tomorrow I'll try it out with my usual devices (Nexus 5x and Nexus 9 tablet). I think there is just some issue with those causing the frequent disconnects. I have found on those that Litchi is solid. Maybe it's because I have Go and Go 4 installed on those.

Anyway, the new firmware seems fine.

Got a little scare when doing the upgrade from .0300 to .0400.

Made it to 83%, then it hung there for a while. Maybe 8-10 minutes. The fan on the Mav wound down to idle from full blast and the status light was blinking fast yellow (no connection to controller). lol and behold the controller strength indicator (on the remote) was blinking and scrolling from 1-5 bars of signal strength. Freaked me out a little. After about 10 minutes I heard the Mav reboot and play its startup tone, then the progress bar jumped to 93% and finished from there.

I can only assume that the 83%-93% portion of the upgrade was the remote firmware. (Or at least I hope)

Seems good for now, will test flight when I can. No more jumping on the new firmware upgrade train for me I think...

Got a little scare when doing the upgrade from .0300 to .0400.

Made it to 83%, then it hung there for a while. Maybe 8-10 minutes. The fan on the Mav wound down to idle from full blast and the status light was blinking fast yellow (no connection to controller). lol and behold the controller strength indicator (on the remote) was blinking and scrolling from 1-5 bars of signal strength. Freaked me out a little. After about 10 minutes I heard the Mav reboot and play its startup tone, then the progress bar jumped to 93% and finished from there.

I can only assume that the 83%-93% portion of the upgrade was the remote firmware. (Or at least I hope)

Seems good for now, will test flight when I can. No more jumping on the new firmware upgrade train for me I think...

Just completed the update. I too hung at either 83% or 86% for what seemed like forever, then it jumped to the 93% and completed to 100% very quickly. I updated the aircraft only, and it still had the long hang time. When I followed with the RC update it went extremely quick. All updates are current and will take it out this afternoon and test everything out!

I ran into a long pause around 83 percent or so. Completed fine. It's a long update. Forced myself to go do something while it was doing it's thing so I wouldn't be tempted to screw with it. I've run through two batteries since updating the RC & AC so far. No problems noted.

Reactions: DustyVisor
i tried to do mine on dji assistant and it froze like 3 times had to restart each time, finally said it was all good, then when I booted up controller,etc it said I had to do it all over again.. anyway got it done. flew close by about 15 min. and it 'seems' fine

Reactions: Spanish Flyer
Just ran the update. Took about 15 minutes or so, via DJIGo app on the phone. No hangups, everything looks kosher!

Reactions: DustyVisor
Completed my first Firmware update for the the MP since receiving it last Friday. I used the battery that was @ 100%, remote control was @ 60%, iPhone 6+ was @ 79%. FW took about 25 minutes to complete. Updated over Wi-Fi at home. Like others had reported, the update hung up at 83% for a bit before completing the update. I restarted the MP, RC and App afterwards, and DJI 4.0 app came up with an inconsistent software/firmware? (Sorry, can't recall exactly) I assumed it was the battery and continued to update that as well. I am waiting for the other two batteries to get to 100% before checking those for updates. So far so good. Loving my Mavic!

EDIT: after checking the other batteries, I did not receive the inconsistent firmware/software message? Not quite sure what was inconsistent, but I don't believe this had anything to do with battery. Everything appears to be good

Last edited:
Hooray, I get to do my first update when i get home from work! Can a kind stranger walk a noobie through this?

Completed my first Firmware update for the the MP since receiving it last Friday. I used the battery that was @ 100%, remote control was @ 60%, iPhone 6+ was @ 79%. FW took about 25 minutes to complete. Updated over Wi-Fi at home. Like others had reported, the update hung up at 83% for a bit before completing the update. I restarted the MP, RC and App afterwards, and DJI 4.0 app came up with an inconsistent software/firmware? (Sorry, can't recall exactly) I assumed it was the battery and continued to update that as well. I am waiting for the other two batteries to get to 100% before checking those for updates. So far so good. Loving my Mavic!

EDIT: after checking the other batteries, I did not receive the inconsistent firmware/software message? Not quite sure what was inconsistent, but I don't believe this had anything to do with battery. Everything appears to be good

My update seemed to go thru just fine. Hung up on 83% for awhile like others have said. I get no errors, but when I go to the About menu my AC firmware is 01.03.0400 and my RC is unknown firmware. Anyone else seeing this issue?

Hi all.
I updated which went very smoothly.
However when starting the motors I got "ultrasound device error". It still flew fine although I just went around the back yard.
Downgraded to the previous firmware and didn't get that error anymore. Upgraded to the latest firmware again and got the same error.
So I'm sticking with .02 version which was perfect for me.
I did all the calibrations after upgrading and upgraded from the app first and DJI assistant 2nd time.
Anyone else perhaps had this?

Reactions: USPilot
That error message would be new to this firmware hence it goes away when you revert. I would be using latest firmware and trying again. Place the mavic on a different surface and startup again. It may well clear.

Hi all.
I updated which went very smoothly.
However when starting the motors I got "ultrasound device error". It still flew fine although I just went around the back yard.
Downgraded to the previous firmware and didn't get that error anymore. Upgraded to the latest firmware again and got the same error.
So I'm sticking with .02 version which was perfect for me.
I did all the calibrations after upgrading and upgraded from the app first and DJI assistant 2nd time.
Anyone else perhaps had this?

Are you one of the people who had the drone go to landing mode when you full stick down but you're not near the ground? I think this check is to prevent that. When you're up in the air check if the ground clearance indicator on the remote thinks you're close to the ground. If so that indicates a problem with the ultrasonic sensor, and it either needs to be cleaned of debris or there's a hardware problem. The older software wasn't able to detect that there was a problem.

iPhone 6S

Ok...now I'm new to my Mavic, but since the update, my MP doesn't sound the same. There is a constant clicking/hum sound. Seems to be operational, just sounds different. Could that have anything to do with the ultrasonic sensors being updated?

Reactions: GravityIsRelentless
Are you one of the people who had the drone go to landing mode when you full stick down but you're not near the ground? I think this check is to prevent that. When you're up in the air check if the ground clearance indicator on the remote thinks you're close to the ground. If so that indicates a problem with the ultrasonic sensor, and it either needs to be cleaned of debris or there's a hardware problem. The older software wasn't able to detect that there was a problem.

iPhone 6S
Hi. Thanks for replying. I haven't had that landing mode issue you described and have used full stick down many times I'm sure. The ground clearance indicator is also good. Strange.
I've done 62 flights with just short of 10hrs in the air (133km in total) and never had an issue (gimbal went a bit screw/jumpy with the one update but got fixed quickly)
I'll contact dji anyway to ask but will be hesitant to send it back because it's been so good.
Let's see if anyone else has this "ultrasonic module error" after this update. Thanks again

Reactions: chunter415
I unfortunately am stuck in the same loop I've been in since getting the Mavic. I have never had a firmware take. The RC will, but the mavic just fails each and every time. I had restored factory defaults, I've tried with the app, I'm now using the assistant. Literally just failed again while I was typing this message. There goes attempt 3. What am I doing wrong?

Last edited:
Inconsistent firmware found. Keep getting this error after new firmware. I'll update and It occurs each time I reconnect to the MP. Any advice?

EDIT: Downgraded to the previous version and no more error. I'll try upgrading in a few days.

Attachments

• IMG_1207.jpg
    IMG_1207.jpg
    154.8 KB · Views: 159
Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members