DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Firmware v01.04.0400? Issues?

How has your experience been with the latest version of firmware 1.04.0400?

• I have updated and had no problems with the install or operation afterwards.

Votes: 74 67.3%
  • I have updated and had some problems with the install but got it working afterwards.

Votes: 20 18.2%
  • I have attempted the update, and it wont complete the install but my Mavic still works.

Votes: 8 7.3%
  • I have attempted the update, and it wont complete the install and my Mavic doesnt work now..

Votes: 8 7.3%

• Total voters
Many of people get problem on 04.0400 but for some people that make mix firmware, has no problem at all, i mix 04.0400 with 03.0700 flight controller, so it still normal as old firmware,newest flight control maybe cause many problem on mavic flight

Aug 15: Well it seems we are back to no-fly phase (pre-July SW issues). Pixel XL updated to Pie yesterday and DJI app is a total crash. Wont open at all. Nothing but frustration since late June with this.

Aug 16: Tonight there is a updated Go app on Play Store and it doesn't crash. Have not tested it yet with AC

Last edited:
Sent in my Mavic PP pursuant to their provided shipping label and they received it yesterday. Case Number still not available to check services status.

Since my problems (see previous post) started after a Firmware update (-0400), do you think the repair to my Mavic PP will be at DJI's expense or do you think they will try to stick me with a bill?

Thanks,
Brad

I've tried 2 times (read batterys full) to download the app and after 2 battery's I've got to 12%! This is the worst update they have put out to date! I'll just ignore the update warning and keep flying (it's flying fine, problem free) and DJI wonders why guy's use Litchi! LOL!

mavic nearly crashed using 4.400 firmware, gimbal freaked out for about 2 minutes had no control, switched to 3.700 since

Today I finally got the download, and updated the MP and controller. It's a slow boat to China (pun intended) even using the DJI Assistant on a 100mbps cable connection. Three flights logged so far and I have to say,that the signal strength seems stronger? I went farther than I ever have in a urban WiFi infested environment,with NO signal loss what so ever? The upgrade was a PITA,but the results (so far) have seemed to improve the signal strength?

Problems with FW are gone in my case. They were caused by my tablet : Huawei MediaPad T3 7. It is no more compatible with the new FW for Mavic. It is somehow annoying. You have a product and suddenly you need to buy a new one, because it is no more compatible. Other surprise was that the FW update for remote controller should be with the App. It is not possible with DJI assistant 2. It was not a defect in remote Controller either. Is there an "official" list of compatible Phones or Tablets? German DJI technical suppurt said to me the Hawei P10 plus is not recommended. It is on the list of Mavic Air Pilots. It was the model I wanted to buy.
All this is a total chaos for me.

As of 18.08.2018 from the official Dji web site:
APP / LIVE VIEW

iOS Version v4.2.12.
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 5s, iPhone SE, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4 and iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular. This app is optimized for iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus.
Android Version v4.2.8.
Android version 4.4.0 or later. Compatible with Samsung S8, Samsung S7 edge, Samsung S7, Samsung S6, Samsung S5, Samsung NOTE4, Samsung tabs 705c, Ascend Mate 9, Ascend Mate 7, Huawei Honor 8, Huawei P8 Max, Vivo X7, Mi 5, Google Nexus 6p, Nexus 9, Google Nexus 7 II, LG V20.

*Support for additional devices available as testing and development continues.

Reactions: Elton Hammonds
I have two Mavic Pro's. Both are on FW: 4.2.21, CGO4: 01.04.0300. Randomly I will get some pixilation on my controller while under say 6-700 feet in distance. The video/photos are fine. And sometimes when I press the shutter/record button, it may take several seconds before it actually takes the photo. I don't know if this is a FW or App issue.

But one big question I have after many threads and six pages of posts here. Does anyone know what the latest FW and App version is that is known to be stable and dependable while using an IOS system (iPad Mini 4)? These posts have jumped back and forth so many times, it is difficult to determine what version is actually stable.

Thanks in Advance.

I have two Mavic Pro's. Both are on FW: 4.2.21, CGO4: 01.04.0300. Randomly I will get some pixilation on my controller while under say 6-700 feet in distance. The video/photos are fine. And sometimes when I press the shutter/record button, it may take several seconds before it actually takes the photo. I don't know if this is a FW or App issue.

But one big question I have after many threads and six pages of posts here. Does anyone know what the latest FW and App version is that is known to be stable and dependable while using an IOS system (iPad Mini 4)? These posts have jumped back and forth so many times, it is difficult to determine what version is actually stable.

Thanks in Advance.
It's working on mine! I fly with a iPhone 7 Plus,and a iPad 4 mini ! No problems yet?

Here is my experience.

First, I did not select one of the poll options because none applied.

The software update took about an hour but I attribute this mostly to my slow internet connection. I was able to update the software on all devices: Mavic Pro Platinum, goggles, rc controller.

First flights after the update went well with no problems. The last three flights all had loss of connections. The first disconnect happened with the Mavic at altitude of 149ft and distance of 318ft. This was very troubling since I was out of my sight and I had deliberately parked the Mavic above some trees on my property. I considered just waiting for the battery to run down and an auto RTH becausIe I didn't know if I even had any other options. I repositioned myself and regained visual on the Mavic and was able to determine that I could still control it. So, loss of connection does not mean complete loss of control, just loss of all data coming back from the Mavic.

After some experimentation I determined that the only way to reestablish the link was to restart the RC controller. That is not something I really want to do with the Mavic in the air.

I still had charge in the battery, so I decided to try another flight to see if the loss of connection was a 'one off'. It wasn't, about four minutes into the flight connect was lost again. This time at an altitude of 292ft and a distance of 4ft (I was keeping the Mavic close!) I restarted everything and tried a third flight. This time the connection was lost so quickly there was no flight log and I decided that was enough for the day.

My conclusion is that this software version is not very reliable and all future flights with it will be done with the expectation the connectivity may and will be lost at any time. This is a significant restriction because I live and fly in a very rural area with a lot of trees and it is very easy for a tree to block my view of the Mavic even when it is quite close and relatively low.

Nick

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peehead