DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

First attempt at video with my Mavic

Darrin

Reactions

I took some video at 5pm yesterday in Oakville Ontario Canada. It was -5 C without the windchill (you'll notice the flag on the boat showing a significant wind at times) and despite my Mavic dancing around in the wind the footage was rock solid.

I haven't done anything to the video other than piecing it together in the DJI GO 4 Editor. I used a Polar Pro ND 8 filter and recorded in 2k at 24fps and 1/50 shutter speed. White balance was set to sunny (although it was a mix of sun and cloud) and style setting was set to "none" and colour was set to "D-Cinelike".

I loaded the video on my iPhone 7 plus from the Mini SD card through a SD card reader. Anyway, the edits don't match the music (which is also clipping) and the subject is less than stellar but my hands were frozen and I couldn't handle more than 15 minutes outside so this is the best I could do;)

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Reactions: BerndM
Looks good and smooth. A bit cool in temp though. I always like snow shots to be warmer. Gives the scene more life less gloom.

How do you.like the DJI editor?

Looks good and smooth. A bit cool in temp though. I always like snow shots to be warmer. Gives the scene more life less gloom.

How do you.like the DJI editor?

When I set the white balance to cloudy it was definitely warmer. Unfortunately for me I am slightly colour blind and ALWAYS have issues if I edit photos, clearly video is the same situation;). I'll have to pay closer attention to that.

As for the DJi editor, I have to explore more. I prefer using iMovie as I'm more familiar but I am going to play with the DJi editor more before saying if I liked it or not.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
engmarceloacs